【14】

Only three lectures in and I was already on the verge of knocking out cold

Only three lectures in and I was already on the verge of knocking out cold. Overthinking instead of sleeping, the previous day was finally getting to me and to make matters worse it was (least favourite subject) lecture.

The teacher's voice felt oddly soothing than usual , lulling me to sleep. I tried my best not to doze off, going as far as digging my nails hard enough to draw blood but to no avail.

My brain which was in a war with my heart desires to sleep finally lost and I ended up succumbing to sound sleep.

It was pitchblack.

I couldn't even see myself let alone other things. I was in the classroom just few minutes ago, so what am I suddenly doing here ? Is this some kind of dream ? But then why does this feel so real. I tried to walk in the dark but stopped when I heard a voice.

'Irina'

'Irina'

It was the same voice which I had heard when I first arrived here. But what bothered me the most was how the voice was so familiar to me like I have heard it before but I don't remember where and when.

I carefully listened to it, hoping to find some clues regarding this body but it only kept repeating the same word over and over again.

'Irina'

'Irina'

Frustrated I decided to communicate with the voice, in hopes of either getting some kind of reply or atleast find the source of it.

"Hello ! Can you hear me ?? Please tell me who are you ?!" I waited for a while but instead of getting any sort of response or indication, I only got silence, even the chanting of name had stopped. I thought that I wouldn't hear the voice again but as usual I spoke too soon.

Suddenly the name chanting started again and it was much much louder than before, to the point where I thought my eardrums would pop out.

Covering my ears I kneeled down to lessen the impact of the noise but it was of no use. No matter how much I covered my ears I could still hear it loud and clear as if the shouting was inside my head.

That's when it happened, the ground beneath me suddenly disappeared in thin air and I started falling. Screaming, I tried to grab something to stop or soften my fall but there was nothing. I tightly closed my eyes, waiting for the impact of whatever was down there.