The Accident

Thanatos POV:

While I was helping Felix with the paperwork a maid came in. "Y-your Highness!" I look over at her curiously. "Princess Athanasia and His Majesty!" I stood up instantly and walked over to the maid and grabbed her by the shoulders. "What!? What happened to Athy!?" Her eyes widened and she started to sweat. "T-they fell in the river!" I ran out of the room and through the halls. I started to sweat and breathe heavily thinking about what could have happened to Athy. Yes, she is definitely favored by Father but... theirs a one in a million chance Father hasn't gotten over the death of Diana and he doesn't save her (If your wondering, he didn't read any further than this before he died so he has no idea yet ;). 

He ran through the halls and fields. I held my chest because my lungs were starting to burn. I finally got near the boat and I saw two familiar heads of blonde hair. I ran faster and when I got to a distance where I could see their faces I screamed. "Athy!!" She looked over at me with wide eyes. "T-Thanos!?" By the time she had finally realized what was happening I was already pulling her into my arms. I pulled her back out and held her by the shoulders, searching her body for injuries. "Y-you... you're not hurt right?" She finally comprehended what happened and nodded. "What are you doing here, Thanos? You said you were helping with paperwork." I let out a sigh of relief and dropped to the ground finally having time to catch my breath. 

"I heard you fell... in the... water..." She plopped down next to me and sighed. "I have Daddy with me. No way I could get hurt." I looked up at Father and stared at him for a couple seconds. "Right... Father. I don't know why I was worried." She huffed in agreement and sat up. "You look like you rushed here. Are you okay?" I nodded with my eyes closed. "Felix should be here soon. I kind of ran while the maid was telling us what had happened. Felix was still listening." Her mouth made an 'o' shape and shape showing she understood. I looked back at the two blondes and sighed. "I am... never... letting you go without me again." She huffed in annoyance as Father just sat their staring at our interaction with a small smile. 'That's new...'

Time skip~~~ next day

Today Athy was having a tea party. It took four maids and a knight to stop me from going with her to the tea party but, like they said, it is for other noble ladies. I will go over to see how she is doing later but first I have to complete some work. The only one of the noble ladies I have to worry about is... Jenette Margarita. I scowl at the thought of her. 'She was the reason the original Athanasia died. It was because of that... bitch. Naive, attention seeker Jenette.' I massaged the bridge of my nose, feeling an incoming headache. I decided now was the time to visit her because I was not in the mood to think about her. I immediately got up and headed towards the door. When I got out to the halls and started walking down towards the tea party I saw a very familiar magician.

"Oh hey... Thanos." It was a bit awkward after what had happened a few nights ago. He looked at me and smiled. "Hey. Where're you headed?" He pointed in the direction I was heading and I walked next to him. "Anything happened these past few days? I haven't seen you much." He thought for a bit before giving a small nod. "I've been busy. Y'know... being a magician." He smirked at me and I scoffed. "I can do some magic too. I have a lot of mana anyway." He scoffed as well and was about to say something when we looked over and saw Athy at her tea party. I smiled and started walking over.

"Thanos. Lucas." She saw us as well and called us over. He did the usual greet as I kept my hands behind my head. "Uh. I'm Lucas. The Royal Magician." My eyes widened at the sudden formalities. "I see you are hosting a tea party today, Your Highness." She nodded and smiled. "Yes, we are having quite a lovely time." I walked in front of him and the girls gasped and blushed. "I am Thanatos. I am the twin of Athy here. I hope you are having a great time." I gave a small smile and put my hand on my heart and bowed. "I will see you later, Athy. Please come see me when you are done. I've been missing you." I grabbed Lucas's hand and lead him away from Athy. "She looked like she wanted us to leave." He nodded and started to walk with me. 

I was about to let go of his hand but he gripped tighter. I looked up at him with a small but noticeable blush on my pale face. He looked at me but looked away without giving me an answer to why he was still holding my hand. I didn't complain thought, it was quite nice. Lucas's hand was warm and soft. It was  a little bigger than mine and held tighter. I smiled to myself and I walked next to him instead of behind, he seemed to like that I did that as I saw a faint blush on his cheeks. We walked like this to my room when we parted with a small smile and bow. I sit on my bed and plop my back on the soft white sheets. 'My heart is beating faster than usual.' I put a hand on my chest and breathe. I closed my eyes and slowly began to feel tired. Just like that my conciseness faded.

Time skip~~~ couple hours later

I had woken up a bit ago and began to feel annoyed. I walked down the hall of the palace and headed to mine and Athy's private library. I saw that the guards were talking amongst themselves. I frowned but so far they have not caused trouble so I left them alone and entered the library. I walked farther into the library and saw Athy. I was about to say hi when I saw Ijekiel. I frowned. "You..." They both saw me and Ijekiel bowed. I walked next to Athy and put my arm around her shoulder holding her closer. "Blessings and glor-" I stopped him mid sentence. "Yeah yeah, I know. How did you get in here. There are guards." He smiled and looked at me. "I walked right past them and they didn't stop me." My blood boiled and I was about to punch Ijekiel when we heard another voice. 

"Don't you think you've intruded enough." I look over and see Lucas. I put my hand on his shoulder and whispered in his ears. "Take it from here, Lucas." He looked at me and nodded. I walked over to the door, my scowl apparent. My bloodlust was seeping out when I finally reached the door. When I opened the door I saw the two guards still chatting. I grabbed the knight by the back of the head and shoved them together, bashing their faces into each other. They both fell and held their head then they looked up at me. "Y-your Highness...!" I stared down at them and lifted my leg. I swung it down and kicked one of the guards in the face. I bent down and took the other one by the collar and punched him repeatedly. When I finally stopped they were almost passed out. "You were supposed to watch the library. Not chat. If I catch you doing that again..." I bent down and glared at them, my bloodlust flowing out. "I'll kill you." They both nodded and got up. 

After a second Ijekiel walked out of the room which surprised the guards. Ijekiel was also surprised by the knights state then he looked down at my red knuckles that were mixed with mine and the knights blood. I got a few wounds on my hand from the knights armor and how hard I hit them. I smiled at Ijekiel. "Trespass again and you'll end up like them." He slowly nodded and walked away. I looked back at the knights with an emotionless expression. 

"Do it again. I dare you."

.

.

.

.

.

.

I have realized that a lot of people like this story and I am planning to make more WMMAP stories like this is the future. If any of you have ideas please let me know.

{1458 words}