1 - Unusual

You've been working in the foundation for a while now, many months from what you could tell. And while you were there, you made a friend. His name is Corwin, and he is the other guard posted at the door of SCP-173. He's a great friend, someone who could bring color into your life. It made life there a little easier.

Currently, you and Corwin were escorting a D-Class to SCP-173's cell. There, the D-Class was met with two others. Hopefully the cleaning will go well, the D-Class always freak out or get into fights. And because of those events, the first attempt never works. But the second attempt usually goes well, usually.

After some time, the cleaning was done. That's good, no more D-Class for a while. Just as the door to the cell was opening for the D-Class to step out, an alarm blared. Red lights and an announcement was made. "SCP-682 has breached containment. Many other Keter class SCPs have also breached." Well that's not good. There's a breach AND you'll have to get more D-Class to clean 173's cell. Not a great day.

From a distance, you could hear thumping. Don't tell me... With a sigh, you got prepared. At least it's only one SCP. You could stall time and then run. That's the best plan you could think of for going up against 682. Not the best plan, but there's only you and Corwin, so it'll have to do.

As the thumping got closer, you got more tense. By the time 682 got there, you started rapid firing. You successfully angered the reptile. As it was about to attack you, it stopped dead in its tracks. But why? You look at its face, it seems.... Scared? How is that possible? You look closer and see that it's looking behind you, not at you. Slowly you turned around...

SCP-173 was out of its cell! That's impossible, it was secured shut! Could someone have opened it? Staring back, you noticed Corwin was missing. His body wasn't there, so you knew he was safe. Could he have opened the door and ran? No, impossible, he'd never put me in danger. You looked back at the scared SCP and realized there was more distance between the two of you than before. Did it retreat? I have an idea...

You walked closer to the statue, and put an arm on its shoulder. 682 stared in disbelief at you. As long as I'm with 173 I'm safe. Right? I should make a deal. "Let's make a deal, shall we? You and I keep staring at 173 until it's back into containment, agreed?" You said aloud. This might work. There was a smile on your face, but no one could see it.

Slowly, 682 nodded, barely visible. And for a long time, you both stared. Until finally, an MTF Unit arrived and took them off your hands. You had successfully saved many lives, including your own. Corwin would be proud. Wait. Where was he when I was stalling the two SCPs? I'll have to ask him when I find him. Eh, it didn't matter all that much, you're in a great mood.

.........

You go back to your post, happy about your accomplishment. A few minutes later, Corwin shows up. "Hey [Y/N]! How was the breach?" [F/N] had always been the type to always make jokes. "It went well, I managed to keep 173 and 682  in one place by myself." Although no one could see, you were smiling. "That's great! I knew you were great!" He praised you. "Thanks!" And then the conversation ended.

After a while, it was time for lunch. As you and Corwin headed for lunch, he went to use the bathroom. In the cafeteria, you got some food and sat down to eat. The food is a bit cold, but still good. As you're eating, the alarm starts to sound. Again? So soon? That's not normal.

You quickly put the food down on the table and start running. You're running to 173's containment cell to make sure 173 is still inside. While running, you space out for a bit, and it seems you went in the wrong direction. You decide to turn around and retrace your steps, only to realize you were in the Euclid zone.