6 - Paranoia

Your eyes open. You are standing in a field. It's a field of.. Dandelions?.. The sun is in the sky, and there's a peaceful breeze. You sit there and pick some dandelions, making them into a flower crown. You don't know how you knew how to make a flower crown, but it was fun.

Suddenly, there's a very strong gust of wind. The wind turns the dandelions into the ones kids blow and make wishes. As the wind pushed the seeds everywhere, you made a wish. A wish from your heart, but you yourself don't know what that wish is.

The wind also brings the night, giving a quick and beautiful sunset. The sunset is over and the moon starts rising. The moon seems just as bright as the sun. As the moon is in its place, you realize that lavender is now where the dandelions were.

You felt like there was something familiar about the flowers and time. As if it was a person itself. You sit and think, trying to find out what the aching in your chest is. Maybe I'm sick? That's a possibility.

There's another strong gust of wind and the scene turns from night to sunrise. The lavender is replaced with roses instead. Roses... They have a meaning, right?...

You see two dark figures and you instantly know they are what you're feeling. But why? How do you know? You instinctively stand up and reach for them, but your eyes droop and you can't keep yourself awake any longer.

As you fall into the void, your eyes open in the real world.

...

That dream... It was... Nice... Ultimately, you're in a very good mood. It was a nice break from those nightmares.

That dream, although your sense of time says it was only a few minutes long, felt like a day. This was probably because of the changing scenery in the dream. Day, dusk, night, and dawn. The whole cycle of a day.

You look around, seeing that Alex and Dr. Malory are asleep. The two SCPs awake are talking in whispers. You start to stand and Currant stirs with the movement, but stays asleep. You carefully and quietly walk over to where they are and sit down drowsily.

"What're you doing?" You ask in a quiet, hoarse voice. I need some water... "We were just talking about where to go next." 049 answered, "We're off track, so we'll need to find our way again." 035 explained further.

Lost?... Of course, it was inevitable. "So, where are we going?" You ask them, slowly starting to be more alert. "At this rate, we'll take forever to find a familiar hallway!" 035 said a bit too loudly. "Shhhh..." You shush him, putting a finger to where your lips would be.

"Right, sorry." He replied quietly and quickly. "It's fine, just be more careful.." He looked at you for a moment before leaning his head, cheek resting on his hand. "Awe~ Were you worried?~" He said in a playfully flirtatious way.

You felt your heartbeat rise, a warmth spreading throughout your chest. "Well... You could say that..?" You replied honestly... Kind of honestly. "Wait, you actually were?" He seemed to have frozen for a second and then asked with pure shock.

"Were you expecting me to say no?" You asked, a small smile forming. "Well duh! I'm an SCP, most of you would refuse without a second thought!" He then started ranting about how the workers are so rude and careless. You just sat and listened.

A few minutes later, you hear rustling from beside you. On the wall to your right, you see Malory sitting up straighter and looking around. Her eyes land on the both of you. You all stare at each other for a moment.

You all hear steps from outside and turn to look at what it is. It's 049. He seemed to have left while you were listening to 035's rant. He sat down and looked at all of you. "Did something happen?" He asked.