chapter seven.

-~**~--~**~-

Mav1s

Everyday was the same thing. Could you guess? Walking. Yup. Still walking. Well, at the moment they were running. There was a thunderstorm and they were running by these tiny buildings. Joel ran under a canopy attached to a motel, but Rosemary was just standing in the rain. She was looking up with a smile on her face and Joel was smiling too. Joel yelled out to her over the rain. "Rose, you're gonna catch a cold!"

"Totally worth it!" Boy shook and water flew off of him. Once he finished, he barked and Rosemary ran under the canopy. It was like he was telling her the same thing that Joel was. Joel laughed slightly, still smiling at the rain. "You know, I haven't felt the rain in seven years. Pretty cool."

Rosemary shook her hair a little. "I know I almost die everyday, but living on the surface is so much better. You know, it's snowed a few times. It was awesome." Rosemary smiled at the memory of her and Boy running around in the snow. The monsters didn't come out that day since it was too cold. Rosemary looked over and saw that Joel's smile had faded.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Do you think I'm crazy? Coming all this way?"

Rosemary sighed and looked back out at the rain. "Yeah." Joel was taken back by that answer. "I mean, you left one of the safest places left on earth to go find a girl that you haven't seen in, what was it? Seven years? Just leaving your bunker was crazy. But love makes you do crazy things, right?"

Joel looked over at Rosemary and quietly said, "Yeah..." There were a few seconds of silence and Joel kept his gaze on Rosemary. She quickly broke the barrier of silence and looked over at Joel with a smile. "But hey, if you didn't leave, we would've never met." A faint smile fell onto Joel's face. They stood in a few seconds of silence once again, but this time, they were both gazing into each other's eyes. They felt like they were locked in some sort of trance that neither of them wanted to leave. The moment was quickly broken by a robotic voice. "Hello."

Joel and Rosemary quickly turned their heads. They slowly walked inside the building and saw a Mav1s, but it was actually alive. They were going to be the next big thing, but then, you know, the world basically ended.

"Holy shit." They both said at the exact same time. They stared at it in shock. "You're alive...I mean, you're on."

Rosemary sat down on a bed, still with the same look of shock on her face. Mav1s responded to Joel, still in a very robotic voice, but somehow soothing. "I have fifty one minutes of power left. What is your name?"

"Uh, I'm Joel. My name is Joel."

"Hello Joel. I am so pleased to meet you." Mav1s suddenly turned her head to Rosemary. "And you are?"

"Um, Rosemary."

"Hello Rosemary. That is a very beautiful name."

"Thank you." Mav1s started introducing herself as Joel sat down next to Rosemary. Their legs and arms brushed against each other and it sent butterflies into their stomachs. Rosemary figured the butterflies were just from her being cold or something and Joel was just saying to himself that he loves Aimee and only Aimee and telling the butterflies to go away.