Prologue

A Rose and a Phantom
Prologue

    Once upon a time, there was a man of a rich family who was spoiled beyond imagination. This was, however, to make up for his hideously deformed face. He grew up never knowing what his face looked like until he had asked to attend high school. His parents refused and showed him his face. Horrified by his face, he hid himself in one their family homes with servants and tutors as his only companions. His actions soon began to look like that of a beast, showing his inner hatred for himself. He took his beastly behaviour as far as mistreating some of his servants if they spurned his newly acquired temper. He spent most of his time practicing every instrument he could when he wasn't being tutored or nursing his voice in attempts to keep the beast at bay. He took pleasure in music and was able to escape the harsh reality that came with a face so distorted like that. He was so distraught by the reality that he would never be loved.
    Once upon that same time, there was a girl who was an aspiring singer. She loved singing, dancing, and reading. She read many classics and listened to many types of music. Alas, she couldn't find anyone to teach her how to sing properly. She and her father, who was a violinist, were put into debt and forced to move into the local theatre as the caretakers. The girl continued her studies in school and worked at the theatre as a dancer as well. She loved it there and knew nothing of the cruel world seeing this as an opportunity given to her by a higher power. This girl had a positive outlook on the world and saw nothing more than good in people. She was a bright light to everyone she met.
    Once upon a time, this deformed man and this innocent girl would meet; and so their fates became entwined.