Epilogue: Two Years Later

Epilogue:

Two Years Later

Rosabella sat beside Derik as they prepared her for her next audition. The past two years had been filled with love and music for her and Derik. She and her father had moved into Derik's manor across the street from the theatre as certain areas of the building held dark memories for the couple. Their relationship had progressed at a steady pace these past years. What Rosabella didn't know was just what Derik had planned for that evening, or what fate had in store for them.

Derik paused in his rehearsal with his Rose. "Meine Rose, please close your eyes for a moment," he instructed whilst standing up from the piano bench. Rose listened which allowed him to get down on one knee and remove the ring box from his pocket. He opened the box before saying to her, "You may open your eyes now."

Rosabella opened her eyes and gasped at the sight before her. "Oh, Derik!" she exclaimed.

"Meine Rose, you have made me the happiest man ever these past two years. I honestly can't imagine my life without you. Would you do me the honor of becoming my bride?" He remained in his crouched position on his knee and awaited her response.

"Of course, I'll be your bride!" she said as tears formed in her eyes. She covered her face with her hands nodding emphatically.

Derik took the ring from the box and was about to take her left hand to place the ring on her finger when a knock was heard at the front door. Puzzled as to who it could be, the pair paused in their current revelry and traveled the hallway to the foyer. They found Rory and Frau Garrett there as well. Rosabella looked outside to see who was there and squealed. She rushed to the door and swung it open.

"Thea! You're here?!" she exclaimed at the woman who stood before them at the same time ignoring the other figure who stood beside the small-framed woman.

"Rosie! It's been too long!" exclaimed the woman in a British accent. She embraced Rosabella before addressing Rory. "Uncle Rory, I see you haven't strayed too far from theatre life." Rory chuckled at his niece's words knowing he had been caught red-handed so to speak. Thea, the woman, then glanced at the other two that stood with her cousin. "And is this the infamous Derik I've heard about in your occasional letters to me?"

"Yes, although your arrival seems to perfectly coincide with the latest development in our relationship," Rosabella responded. She then pointed to the ring box that Derik still held in his hand. "I think we were interrupted before you could finish, meine Liebe."

Derik smirked his unnatural smirk and finally placed the ring on her left ring finger. Thea giggled from the doorway with excitement.

"Oh Adam, doesn't this seem like fate?" Thea asked finally addressing her traveling companion.

All eyes turned to the figure behind her. The figure was a man taller than all present.

"It seems most fitting, especially in regard to our purpose and recently gathered knowledge," spoke Adam with a more native accent to the language they spoke. "We have much to discuss with you all."