Chapter 3: The contract pt.1ᱬ

Karl's POV

I woke to the annoying sound of my alarm. And actually got out of bed as soon as I woke up. I don't really check my phone on the morning so I just got ready.

When I went down stairs to the table to eating breakfast while doing that my sister Maeve was staring at me like I had won a prize or something.
-"did I do something wrong Maeve?"I said moving closer so my dad wouldn't hear
-"...Nope, I just....want to make sure nothing happened"Maeve said twisting her hair

Being her favorite brother I know when twist her hair she nervous
-"what did you do Maeve?" I said get serious
-"nothing... I can't ask if my brother 's okay?" She said rolling her eyes
-"okay sorry sis"
-"it's okay but I hope you thank me later tho" she said getting up from the table and putting her dish in the sink
-"wydm?"

'Whatever it probably nothing to care about' I tell myself. We get in the car and the time reads 7:00am 'actually on time today. Wow is this what it feels like to care?'. I drop Maeve off at school and have her walk from Starbucks there since it was surprisingly close to her school.

I check the clock again and it reads 7:20am and I need to get to school before my teachers talk to me again about being late again.
~TIME SKIP~

After math class I have gym. As I get there with  George we get to the locker room and hear a group of people just whispering as I swore I heard my name but as always ignored it.(bad idea)  anyways we get to the track field and start running for our race later.

As soon as we start running George is already tired and needs to take a breather but I say no and we keep jogging since George cant run.

When we done with our second lap George just can't take it and collapses to the ground and kid you not starts taking a nap. I burst out laughing and and can't breathe anymore until I notice someone walking up to me.

Then I realized that it was Nick..
-"oh hey Nick what's up?"
-"nothing just wanted to know what you meant in that text message yesterday?"
-"what text message?"
-"stop acting like you didn't send that"
-"no actually I don't know what you mean?"

I immediately pulled out my phone and went straight to messages seeing that there was over 30 unseen messages from people. When I saw this my eyeballs almost popped out of my eyes.

I clicked on Nick's contact and started to read the messages that were sent last night. I was about to cry but then something even worse happened Nick pulled out one of my letters addressed to him.
*His thoughts*
'That not what I think it is'
'I know that's not my letters'
' the letters that are prohibited to anything better yet anyone. The same letters that I hid away since the 6th grade'
'Oh my god I'm going to die or better yet again kill myself'
*Back to reality*

-"no, what do u mean" Nick says as he visibly gets stressed
-" I promise I did not send that! and please do not tell me that whatever is in your hand is not a letter" I say with almost tears in my eyes.

When I try to refresh my memories from yesterday but I can recall anything bummer. Soon after George had went to the nurse to take a proper nap and left me to defend myself alone.

When I'm about to say something I see Alex walking toward me but close enough to see the letter and his phone pulled out.

I panicked I didn't want Alex to know I have/ had a crush on him and better yet he had proof....so I did the first thing that came to mind so I tackled Nick to the ground and kissed him/ made out with him on the floor.

I never knew how much I would actually enjoy that kiss until he pulled away after about 2 minutes to take a breather. And I also made sure that Alex was gone before he made it sure that he did not consent that kiss.
-"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!"
-"um...I-I can explain but not now" I say as I quickly get up and run away as my gym couch starts yelling at us for kissing on the ground.
~TIME SKIP~
After my torture laps for punishment. I was so tired and just wanted to sleep but what had happened never left my mind.

When I go and get Maeve grinning whenever I remembered that I kissed Nick. So the questions rolled in.
-"Why are you so happy Karl?"
-"Ohhhhh nothing" I say sounding like I'm drunk
-"ok spill the beans"
-" why? And what does it mean to you"
-"Idk you always tell me everything so I just assumed that-" she cuts herself off and says "you know what never mind I'm in a good mood too and I'm not going to let you ruin that"
-"ok. Ok. Ok I'm sorry I'll tell you later"
-"hmm.......your sorry is acceptable"
-"whatever loser" I say as I roll my eyes.

When we get home I see that there I a black Jeep Wrangler in our driveway thats until I realize who it owned by.
-"hey K do you know who's car is in the driveway?"
-"No, I was going to ask you?" one sec it takes a moment
-"HOLY SHIT! please don't not be that persons car please,please,please."
-"why who's is it. Let me refresh my memory so you told me there is only one car like that in your school parking lot and it belongs to-"
-"NICK!!!" I cut her out with my hands in my face.

Right at the moment I can't face Nick and explain why I kissed him. Because it's embarrassing like ' oh I kissed you to give my brother's ex a hint that I don't like him.....anymore....but I still like him I' you see awkward.

As soon as Maeve gets out car I quickly park and lock the car on the side of the driveway, quietly give Maeve the keys, take my old bruised up bike and pedal as fast as I can to the only place I know.

The diner

(Thanks 4 reading again um..... I didn't expect people to read this I mean it's wattpad Thxs) and I'm probably going to change the name of the diner to something more idk bye<3ᰔ