Chapter 9

"Congratulations!" They exclaimed when Dianne and her husband went to their table.

They hugged Dianne and her husband, one by one.
Dianne looked at her friends, teary-eyed.

"Thank you, guys! Grabe. I am still on cloud nine!" Dianne giggles and clung to her husband's arm.

"Sana all!" Archie jested that made all them laughed.

"I think, sila Alli at Deniel na ang next." Kate teased Alli and Deniel.

Halos hindi na nga nag-uusap ang dalawa dahil sa nangyare kahapon.

They formed a grin on their face and teased them even more.
Alli rolled her eyeballs, Deniel shooked his head.

"Aba! Hindi sila umangal!" Jace commend and wiggled his brows. Alli heaved a deep sighed.

"Stop it! Drew and I is nothing. We're just a - whatever you may call it. We're not a thing." Alli firmly said.

Drew felt a pinch on his chest.
Did she know that he likes her? That he loves her? Does she knows?

'Pinaparamdam mo naman ba?" His ego questioned him.

"Ah..... 'We're not a thing'. Eh bakit baby tawag sayo?" Archie jests and bobbed his eyebrow up and down.

Alli remained silent as she drank her wine. She just let them. Not until someone caught her eyes, walking closer to their table.

"Excuse me." She excused herself and stood up.

Hindi na nya hinintay na sumagot ang mga kaibigan at nagmamadaling tinungo ang restroom. She locked herself inside of one cubicle. Kinakalma ang sarili.

"Anyare don?" Ynna asked.

"Nagmamadali ah." Ronie then utter.

"She saw Mommy." Kath told them.

"Ay oo nga pala! Tita Pat is here din. I forgot to inform her." Diannesaid, feeling guilty.

Paglapit na paglapit ni Patricia sa table nila, she congratulates the newlyweds and greet her daughter. Binati rin sya ng mga kaibigan ng anak at nakipag-beso.

Yes, her appearance is intentional. Double purpose. To personally greet Dianne and her husband and to see Alli.

But she saw Alli's reaction when her daughter saw her.

Pain, angst and coldness in her daughter's eyes. That's what she saw.

Nakita nyang nagmamadaling umalis si Alli at hindi na nilingon ang mga kaibigan. And that made Patricia to think that her own daughter doesn't want to face her.

'You pushed her away, you blamed her. Remember?' Her ego told her.

Patricia stayed for a while, hoping na babalik si Alli. But she didn't. So she decided to leave the table, she kissed Kath and bade goodbye to them.

Bumalik si Patricia sa table nila at kinuha ang sariling cellphone. Then she busied herself talking with others.

"Oh? Baka na-flushed na si Alli." Archie said and looked around.

"Wala sya sa restroom." Kate told them.

Nag-aalala na silang lahat dahil halos kalahating oras na ang lumipas pero hindi pa rin bumabalik si Alli.

"Dens, tawagan mo please. She's not picking up." Kath said, fidgeting.

Drew fished his phone and tries to contact Allison.

"Ayaw sumagot." He said and sighed.

Bumuntong-hininga silang lahat. Alam nila na hindi naging maganda ang relasyon ni Alli at Patricia simula 'nong mamatay ang Daddy nila.