Chapter: 3

Johnny's ***POV***

"What class do ya have?" She asked me.

"English." I responded.

"Me too, do you think we're gonna be in the same home room?"

"Depends if yer in the smart or dumb classes." I said smartly.

"What class are you in?" She quipped back while raising an eyebrow. Damn.

"The dumb ones." I grumbled softly.

"Well that makes two of us, mate." She chuckled and gently tapped my shoulder with her fist. I smiled nervously as we entered the soc infested school;

But this time something was off. No socs gave me the death glares that I got everyday, lots of people seemed to know Heaven. Is she a drug dealer? All the druggies know her. A few middle class kids came and spoke to her briefly as I just stood there like a tool and following her like a lost puppy.

She stopped walking when we reached my homeroom; "Hey, it looks like your stuck with me." She teased, I shrugged. I guess she wasn't that bad because I have no friends in homeroom anyways. Heaven barged in and found an empty desk right at the back in the row closest to the door. I took a deep breath and sat beside her. "Oh, so ya wanna sit with me?.." Heaven chuckled, I rolled my eyes gently. "It's not like I have friends besides the gang," she surprisingly just nodded.
--

The rest of the day went by uneventful, I ended up having algebra, art, and gym with Heaven also. When I left the school l found her sitting on the stairs smoking; "How'd ya get out of gym so fast?" I frowned at her curiously. "Left five minutes early." She mumbled. "Where's Pony?" She then asked as smoke came from her mouth and disappeared like pretty ribbons. "Probably still at his locker." I shrugged, at that moment a really tuff greaser came from the school, I recognized him from Shepard's gang.

He slightly glared at me then gently brushed against Heaven. He mumbled something that sounded like; "Suger." Or "Sweets." As he walked by, her eyes were locked on him, completely memorized. I noticed her eyes were a shade deeper, such a deep shade that it could be a hundred different emotions, the one that cried out the most was lust. Just the pure desire of lust.

I blushed, realizing I was staring at her. On cue Pony then wandered out of the school greeting us, he had the stupidest grin on his face; admiring Heaven's presences. "Whatcha grinnin' at?" She hissed, Pony shrugged as we kept walking. "Johnny!" I heard a high-pitched voice.

Speak of the devil...... "Hey, Lexy." I whispered, not wanting to look her in the eyes. This is the first time I've seen her in about two weeks. "Do'ya wanna do somethin' tonight?"

Heaven's ***POV***

I decided to ignore this Lexy girl, she's a friend of Alphonse. Me and Pony walked in silence as Johnny and Lexy had an awkward conversation. She then kissed his cheek;

I choked on my cigarette, coughing in surprise. They're.... Dating? Pony glared at me, by now Lexy was staring at me as if she didn't notice I was there. I shot her a dirty look as she quickly looked away from me. When we hit the corner of the street Lexy went her separate way, I let out a few more coughs. "Should ya be smokin'?" Pony pointed out, I shrugged. "Don't... Don't worry 'bout it." I said barely thinking about my words.

A few minutes later we passed a house that made Johnny speed up, I frowned and slowed down to look at the falling-apart house. Nothing but screeches and hollering came from the house. Huh, sounds like home to me.

"Ya get beat at home Johnny Cade?" I blurted out in a matter-of-fact tone earning a 'Don't go there' glare from Pony. Johnny didn't respond, he just stared down ashamedly at his old shoes. From his lack of response I stepped over to him and draped my arm around his small figure. "We ain't that different I guess." I whispered to him before going back to Pony's side.

I never met anyone like Johnny before, if he's not an abused kid then I don't know what is, and I know one when I see one. Usually if your parents beat ya it means your hardened from everything... But no, Johnny here in the most sensitive thing I ever met.

I think I like that...

He's quite a looker too, if I might say so myself. I looked back at him, he was red as a fire truck. I sent him a wink as we entered the Curtis house.

I flopped onto the small sofa with Pony following me, Two-Bits infamous show was on the TV like usual. Wow, not much changed when I was gone I guess.

A familiar heavy truck engine pierced my ears, it sent shivers down my spine. My dad is gone to the bar again. That's my chance to go home. I won't get beat, my mom usually doesn't beat me; if anything she'd throw things at me but is was all verbally with her.

I got up and wandered out to my lazy excuse of a home, I took a deep breath then opened the door.

_____________________________________
I know, I know. It's boring... But whatever... If anyone is reading.. How about some feedback? 💕