Chapter: 9

Darry's ***POV***

With every word I cringed, I could just see him beating her right now. And there's nothing I could do expect call the cops.

God, it must be insane of how many noise complaints they get-

"I didn't fuckin' do it!" Heaven screamed,

"Yes you did! Just get the fuck out of my house before I kill both of you!" His voice came out in a tone as if he was satan himself.

I quickly turned on the lights, slipped on my pair of jeans and ran outside shoeless. I caught Heaven just in time; running down the street. "Heaven!" I whisper-yelled, but she was sobbing and running, I blocked her path before she could run past me. "L-Let- me go!" She demanded and desperately tried to punch me.

"Hev-Heaven!-Hevaen, s'okay..." She kept on cutting me off, and was still struggling. I sat down on the ground pulling her with me, I held her tightly, but she just fell from my death grib. "I-I... I h-hate 'em!" She yelled at no one in particular, I sighed as she pulled a patch of dead grass from the ground while trying to catch her breath.

I turned around to find Soda and Pony standing in the yard, with their eyes groggily. "Soda, take Pony back to bed... I'll be right in." I told them, then turned back to Heaven, she was sitting up proper and was wiping some tears, I gazed at the bruises and blood on her face under the streetlamp. "Please come inside..." I whispered just enough for her to hear me, I placed a hand on her knee. "W-Why d'ya care s-so much... No one does, not that much. Not even Dal... J-Jus'- just leave me alone."

Then she was gone.

She ran off before I could do anything.

Disappearing into the darkness, I sat there for a few more moments; just trying to comprehend what happened, and repeating her words. Then I got up, spitting and aiming for the Dawson household and went inside. I knew I should of grabbed her when I had the chance; she's so stubborn sometimes.

I found Sodapop sitting on the couch half asleep, he got up quickly; looking at me for an answer. "Where's she?" He asked, I sighed and looked down. "She ran," I mumbled. "C'mon.. I'm sure she's fine." Soda encouraged, I nodded. "Let's go to bed," I said as we both walked up, I stayed awake in bed for awhile, I know I'm going to be deadbeat tired tomorrow, but I couldn't help it.

Heaven's ***POV***

I couldn't think about going anywhere else but the lot; I didn't want to bug Dal, so yeah. The lot because I can lay low from the fuzz and socs. I ran over to the small car seat but then tripped; falling right beside the car seat and on a crap ton of newspaper. I knew Johnny was beside me, but I didn't care. I was comfortable and that was that. I shut my eyes and leaned my head against the seat. "H-Heaven?" I heard him gasp in disbelief

Johnny's ***POV***

I saw the marking on the face right away and pulled her up by the jacket, she swatted my hand away as she sat down. "A-Are you ok?" I asked the first thing that came to mind, she nodded and looked up at the stars.

"I-I'm sorry... For what I did a few week ago.." I mumbled, feeling extremely guilty and ashamed. "Don't worry 'bout it, man... It's the least of my problems." She shrugged it off. I guess Pony was right; she doesn't hold a grudge. I sighed, feeling slightly better. "Crashin' here for the night?" I asked gently. "Yeah sure..." Heaven nodded then curled up.

I watched as her eyes closed, I then got that feeling again that warmed up my whole body. I wanted to so badly just cuddle up next to her and kiss all her scars, telling her she was beautiful until she fell soundly asleep in my arms. That'd be great. And just hearing Heaven breathing beside me made me feel more safe and at peace.

I laid on the opposite end of the car seat as newspapers flew around us blowing in the wind, I shut my eyes falling asleep myself.

--

Heaven's ***POV***

I woke up feeling cold, it was still dark and Johnny was still next to me. Screw it.

Im cold.

I scooted over to him buried my face into the crook of his neck, he smelt really familiar; cigarettes, alcohol, and a little of cologne or aftershave. I loved it. I closed my eyes hearing his steady heartbeat..

Man. I can't believe I'm doing this.

--

Me and Johnny both walked to the Curtis house, I guess he didn't know about last night; that's good. Darry quickly came from the other room, he simply gave me a small smile and hug before leaving for work, I grinned at Pony. "Hey kiddo!" I greeted, happy to see him, he hugged me gently. "You alright?" He mumbled, I nodded.

"Hey, I was thinking... We should watch the sunset tonight, just the three of us? Y'all dig?" Pony suddenly asked, Johnny agreed as they both stared at me. "Alright, alright." I gave in. Damn.