Chapter: 10

--

Ponyboy's ***POV***

"I knew she wouldn't come." I chuckled slightly staring up at the purplish sky, I turned away from the fire due to Johnny's silence, he was looking up at the sky; his breaths shaking and tears welling up in his eyes. "Oh Johnny," I began, already knowing what this is leading to, I sat beside him as he pulled his hands over his head. "You're staying the night my at place." I told him gently as he sobbed unclearly, "P-Pony?" He whispered in the softest tone I ever heard from him, "Yeah?" I responded.

"Pone, I've fallen for her, I fell for her and she's gonna turn out like Lexy... I want her Pony." He repeated over and over, I looked at him shocked and softly brought my arm around him. "S'okay Johnny... We'll work it out.." I reassured him, he just nodded.

"C'mon... Let's head back to my place... We have school tomorrow." I told him, he nodded and slowly got up. Man, I don't know if Heaven is the person so love someone. She might be... But you see, when Heaven was younger she never got any attention or affection from her parents; so that's how she grew up. Not knowing what any emotion was... I mean, Dally told me that one day.

--

Johnny's ***POV***

"Listen up class!" Ms. Conrad, my algebra teacher hollered at the class while turning back to the board. She was one of the four that just don't get me. They just don't understand that it's just hard for me to grasp onto things. So instead of just being someone who needs a little more help, I'm dumb. It was bad enough I flunked this year, now they just treat me like I don't know nothing...

Why did I come to school?

What the Hell is she on about now?

Breaking me from my thoughts someone got pushed into the door, barged in was no other then Heaven. My eyes practically popped out of my head at her; she wasn't wearing her signature outfit but was decked out in Adidas wear. Man, did she ever look tuff; us greasers praised people who wore Adidas, since socs didn't wear it, Adidas was just high end greaser clothing, even more expensive then Converse. She looked so real to me; like a model-

"Jesus Christ kid, put yer eyes back into yer head... She ain't belong to you." Some defensive soc said, he must know her. Kids around me started snickering and making fun of me but didn't care, it only made me happier when I realized the only free spot was beside me.

"Take a seat, Dawson." Mrs. Conrad grumbled at her, and that's what she did, she made her made over to me. On the corner of my eye I saw a soc give me a death glare; there was an empty seat beside him also.

"Damn Johnny, are you sure you can get her?" A greaser mocked from behind me, somehow sarcastically, I frowned. "I don't know... Why?" I said defensively. "You can't afford her anyways." He mumbled under his breath.

Heaven loudly threw her binder on the deck and dropped her skateboard on the ground beside her, I felt my cheeks slightly heat up from the attention drawn toward us.

"Ok, class, we're moving on to something new, so open your textbook to page 159..." Fun, something new. I sighed in annoyance, Heaven gazed at me, it looked like she was going to ask me what was wrong, but didn't. She turned back to the textbook on her desk.

I looked back up at the chalkboard, a equation was written there, "Now this is 'y' equals three 'x'." Ms. Conrad stated, pointing her ruler to the board as she spoke. I was totally confused, I didn't want to bother Heaven because she looked pretty pissed off from the looks of her black eye, and she probably does know much if it either.