4| Adopted

Ryobo's POV ❄️

"I see." Toriel went. "You sure are a really curious child."

I smiled and nodded as I looked at her for a moment before going back to reading.

For a while, I just kept reading and learning more about the Underground along with how their life and society works. Especially when it comes to using money, until I started to get tired which didn't last too long.

Looking over, I noticed that Toriel was starting to feel tired as well because she rubbed her eyes sleepily a little.

Yawning, I bookmarked the page I was still in the middle of reading before setting the book down for the night, as I lied down on the bed.

Within just a few seconds, I dozed off as Toriel turned the bedroom lights off and immediately fell asleep with me, as I was embraced in her arms.

She felt so warm, soft and comfortable, but, I had no complaint over that as I was too tired to care and was heading into whatever dream I'm about to have.

Itachi's POV 🎸

As soon as I noticed that Ryobo and Toriel fell asleep, I turned the lights out in the other rooms, especially the hallway, after checking to make sure the stove was off, before heading back in the bedroom and having the room dimly lit.

And as for Flowey McFlower here, I brought him in the room with me, so I can keep an eye on him too.

Ryobo and I still feel like there's something off about him since the moment we fell into the Underground and met Flowey.

For a while, everything was quiet between me and Flowey until the talking flower spoke up.

"Why did your brother put me in a flower pot and took me with you?" Flowey asked.

"Just to give you a jog down memory lane. It's pretty obvious for me to know who you really are, even if my older brother doesn't know." I replied as I was looking at my phone that I brought with me, along with the charger, before we met Flowey and Toriel.

"How do you know?!?!" The talking flower demanded after he had a shocked look on his face.

"I have psychic abilities. I can know who you originally are, move things around without touching them and the list goes on and on. I just have to be careful when using it, knowing it'll put a strain on me if I use it too much at once." I answered.

"If you know who I actually am, then who am I?" Flowey questioned, testing me.

"Your current name is Flowey which matches your looks since it's obvious that you're a flower, but, your actual name is Asriel." I say as I looked at him.

After I said that, Flowey had the look on his face that already told me I completely got it right.

"Mind boggling isn't it?" I mention before chuckling. "That's how far I can go with psychic. I just can't go any further when using it because of the reason I already stated."

"Yeah, I know. You already told me why." Flowey says.

"Heh...Silly little flower." I went before smirking a bit.

Of course, it didn't take me too long to feel tired as well, because I eventually yawned a little before rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Do you need anything before I go to sleep?" I asked, while looking back at Flowey.

"Nah. I'm good." Flowey replied.

"Okay. See ya in the morning, flower head." I said, joking a little, before turning my phone and the lights off, as I lied down and fell asleep, falling into my own little dream world.

As to make sure Flowey's not gonna try making any kind of funny business, I had secretly placed a hidden barrier around him, so he can't try harming us, Toriel, or anyone else...

-Next Day-

When I woke up and yawned a little before heading downstairs, I noticed no one was in the kitchen, nor was my older brother and Toriel in the house, until I spotted a note and recently cooked food on the table before I came over and read the note:

"Mom and I are out on a mother and son picnic. We'll be back soon. Btw, you missed out on breakfast, you dum bum! Good thing mom understood how tired you were and left some food out for you to eat." ;P - Ryobo

I smirked after reading the note, knowing the both of us are adopted now along with Ryobo already attached to Toriel that quickly, before I wrote down my response on the back of the note and began to eat my breakfast/lunch, since I slept in late.

After I had my meal, I went back to the bedroom and found something for me to read, to kill my boredom while learning more about the Underground too, as I wait for mom and my brother to come back from their mother and son picnic.

While I was reading, I never expected and realized how interesting the Underground's history and society is.

Seems like they get along well with others, no matter how different the other monster looks.

It's almost like living in a village full of friendly citizens who actually help one another, no matter how bad the other person's situation is.

"Impressive that monsters are still helping each other today, just like how they did in their history...I don't think that happened to the humans though.

They did help each other at one point in their history, but, they suddenly stopped helping each other as time had passed. Nobody knows why." I thought as I looked at the pictures in the book.

For several more hours, I kept reading, getting into the Underground's history more until I suddenly froze when I saw something that caught my eye for once.

It was a history about the monsters and the humans.

"WHAT?!?! They went to war with each other?! What the hell happened that caused the peace between monsters and humans to break until now?!?!" I thought to myself in shock.

As I continued reading, I wasn't surprised when I learned why.

"I figured someone was gonna fuck things up..." I sighed, starting to feel tired.

Bookmarking the part I stopped at, just like how my brother does it, I putted the book down on the desk then went over to the bed before dozing off, already planning on taking a light nap.