4

So the training began, at night after roll call they pair began working on Calum's transformations it was easy for him to become a bird but not so easy for him to change back.  "You need to focus on your limbs, think of the feathers disappearing" the small bird was on the bed eyes closed.  "Come on you can do it boy" slowly the bird became a human. "That's it, good job Cal" the boy beamed up at Sirus. "It is becoming a lot easier". Sirus matched his smile, "this time by next year you'll be a natural" Calum looked a little confused he could tell that his cellmate was planning something. "Siri, what's so important about next year?" The older had a sad look in his eyes. "I can't tell you" this made the boy mad. "Why not?" Sirus sighed "I just can't" Calum huffed and laid on his bed face the wall to not look at the other. He knew why, he just didn't want to admit it. If the guards knew you had secrets they will force it out of you. Sometimes it wasn't pretty sight to see.

Calum's  p.o.v. (1yr later)

The training paid off I don't even have to think to transform back and forth between forms. But this year changed me, I lost weight and my skin was almost a grayish hue. I lost complete track of time the days seemed endless and the nights filled with bad dreams. But i had sirius so it wasn't to bad. I was dead asleep when I was shaken a wake. "Come on boy, time to go" I let my eyes adjust to the dark. "Go where?" I slowly stood. "We are leaving, transform" I did as I was told. "Now fly out the window and head to the shore, I will meet you there" I gave him a chirp and sat on the window ledge, soon Sirius was a black dog, the guards were at are cells. "Black, Marrow?" They saw no one there they panicked and opened the door, sirius sliped out in the shadows and with that I flew out the window. The night was cold and the moon was high in the sky. I flew towards the shore line as alarms blared.

I landed in a tree, a low enough branch so I could look out for padfoot. I sat there for at least and 30 mins before he arrived. I flew down and landed on his head. He continued threw the woods sticking to the shadows. I must have fallen asleep because when I awoke we were in a cave. I switched back into my human form. Sirius had a small fire going big enough to cook the rabbits he had caught. "Where are we?" The older rotated the meat. "At least 16 kilometers from the prison, they will widen the search tonight so we must leave soon" I nodded, he handed me one of the rabbits and we ate quickly. Sirius covered our tracks the best he could and we took off again. I flew above the trees making sure are path was clear.  We continue on this was for a few days till we came to a house far outside a muggle village we passd an hour back. The house looked like it was falling apart. Sirius scratched at the door he didn't want to change incase the house was watched. A man in tan robes and brown hair answered the two of us slipped in unnoticed.

Sirius p.o.v.

Once we were in I transformed back into a human. To only be greeted with a slap. "Are you a bloody fool?" I stood there shocked. "They are everywhere, and I mean everywhere. They came here about 2 days ago, asking me a bunch of questions and ripped apart my home looking for you". I saw calum transform behind him cautious of what was going on. "For fucksake Sirius Black I was worried out of my mind that you would be killed" the man infront of me pulled me closed and pressed a kiss to my lips. I smiled and pulled back a bit. "Mooney i would love to continue but there is a child in the room" the werewolf turned and looked behind him and spotted the boy. "You drug the kid with you?" I sighed. "Mooney that lad did nothing they say he did, he was a shaking mess when they put him in" Remus let go and moved to the 10 yearold, he held out his hand to shake. Calum accepted it after a bit of encouragement. "I am Remus Lupin, and you must Be Calum Marrow" the younger nodded. "Pleased to meet you" the boy was actually being shy, i have never seen him like this. "Calum, Remus is just a teddy bear in disguise there is no need to worry" the boy smiled at that. "I-its nice to meet you Mr. Lupin" Remus patted his shoulder. "Why dont you two get cleaned up, I'll find some clothing and get some food made" I nodded and showed the boy to the bathroom. "Alright so here is a flannel and towel, every thing you need is in the shower" I go and grab an extra toothbrush and gave it to him. I showed him how to work it and let him be to go find remus. He was rumaging through my old dresser, "this place hasn't changed much" He jumped a bit not expecting me. "How could I, this was the only place I had left, it was both our homes Padfoot" he held up and old band tee of mine "Can Calum borrow this? I will buy him clothes tomorrow" I nodded, going through and grabbing clothes for myself. "Are you going to size them for him? I exactly can't...you know...escaped convict and all" Remus nodded and charmed them to fit.

Calum soon came in looking a bit better but still pale and a little sickly. Remus handed him the clothes and I go and take a shower. Honestly it was the best shower in my life. When I was down I decided to cut my hair and beard so I looked alittle more like my old self, and less like a bum. When I put on the clothes I grabbed they were really baggy. I knew they weren't going to fit right. I went back out to the living room to find Calum at the counter watching Remus cook. "What are you making?" Remus took a glance and me and went back to the stove. "Eggs and toast, light so you both dont make yourselves sick" I smiled at the boy. "It's better then rabbits and squirrels Cal" he laughed alittle. "Anything is better then bland rabbits and squirrels".

----------

Sorry for the awkward  ending but the chapter was getting long. Plus my brain was not making anymore sense.

-LTD1J