2

Sirius was laying in a field of grass and wild flowers. The sun was warm and the sky full of fluffy clouds. He could hear birds in the distance. He turned his head, a pair of honey eyes stared into his blue ones.

When he heard a scream he shot up from his bed. The room was more cold then usual. He knew right away what this meant. When he looked to the kid a dementor was right above him sucking the joy out of him. He scrambled to his feet casting a wandless patronus by accident. The glowing wolf chased away the creature. Sirius scooped the kid into his arms and hugged him against his chest. Calum was shaking uncontrollably, clinging tightly to the man's shirt.  "Shh Calum, breathe like I do okay?" The lad nodded and Sirius took a deep breath and slowly released it, Calum copied.  After a few minutes the shaking stopped and they sat there.

"I'm sorry Sirius" the man patted his head. "Its alright Calum it's not your fault. It is expected seeing it's your first dementor encounter" the boy got up and sat on his bed Sirius the same taking him a little more time to get off the floor. "What does a dementor do?" The elder stretched his stiff muscles. "They suck the happiness from people. There is a punishment called the dementor's kiss." Calum nodded "What is that?" Sirius sighed having to explain this. "It is when a dementor sucks so much out of you that it eventually takes your soul killing you, almost like a muggles execution" the kid visibly shivered at the thought. "So if they thought I was really bad they would have done that to me?" Sirius nodded. "Probably Lad"

Calum's mood was brought down a ton. After a few hours of moody Calum, Sirius couldn't take it. It was too silent minus the screams, moans, and cries of the other inmates. When Calum wasn't paying  attention to him he would make a silly face at him. When he looked over he would stop and looked like his miserable self. He kept doing this until he was caught making them both laugh. The guards heard them and came over. "Knock it off the both of you" they stopped till the guards walked away and laughed more quietly this time. Sirius knew the boy was much happier now then before. After all he was a child he should be happy and at school learning, not a pawn in a mad man's game of war and destruction.

When it was time for lights out Sirius just laid in his bed he already planned his escape awhile ago but now he needed to figure out away for the boy to come as well. He will not leave him here and Albus could help if he could prove the lad's innocents.  The original plan was to sneak out as Padfoot, he wasn't a registered animagus so it would be easy.  He could still slip out that way but calum would have to ride on his back. Or he would have to leave first and get help from the order to prove the boys innocents. So many out comes played through his head. The bad ones out weighting the good. At this rate he would not be sleeping.