Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Win's POV

I have never been good at hiding my emotions. My face always shows exactly what I am feeling at a particular moment. I hate it that I'm so transparent.

I could feel Sapol's eyes on me while his father was announcing the special guests whom he had invited to Sapol's graduation party.

My instinct was telling me that they were no ordinary guests, that the lady guest was someone for whom Sapol's parents had special plans for him.

For some reason I felt a tightness in my chest and I tried to avert my face away from Sapol's gaze but I could tell that he caught the expression on my face before I could hide it from him.

I felt him try to move his chair closer to mine but I kept my face averted from him.

Fortunately Sapol's dad had dropped the bombshell near the end of breakfast so as soon as I finished drinking my orange juice I stood up and excused myself from the table.

Sapol was immediately by my side, climbing the stairs with me as I made my way back to his room.

"I have to go home now," I quickly said before he could get a word out of his mouth.

I had already put on my clothes before going down to breakfast earlier. I had placed the pajama set that Sapol had let me borrow last night into the laundry bin inside the bathroom. I had fixed my hair before joining his parents for breakfast so basically I was good to go. All I needed to do was grab my brown satchel and head out the door.

"Win," Sapol gripped my wrist. His voice sounded strained. "It's still daytime! What urgent thing do you have to do that you have to leave me right now?"

"I need to attend to my homework," I lied. "It's a big project that will take up a lot of time. It's the last project for the school year before we start our vacation."

"I can help you with your school project," Sapol offered.

"Thanks for your offer, but you can't," I declined. "My school mate who's my project partner will be waiting for me at his house." I was amazed at how easily the lie slipped out of my mouth.

Sapol looked skeptical.

"If this is all about my father's announcement at breakfast, I can assure you that I have no interest at all in Tricia," Sapol declared firmly.

"Oh, Tricia. Is that the name of your future wife?" I asked bitterly, roughly pulling my hand out of his grasp.

I quickly ran downstairs, with Sapol running after me.

His parents looked away from the TV screen when I ran past them in the living room.

"I'm sorry I have to run," I murmured to them. "Thank you for the lovely breakfast."

"You're welcome to come back any time, son," Sapol's dad called after me.

For some reason, Sapol's dad calling me 'son' opened the floodgates inside me and with tears streaming down my cheeks I bolted out the door, out the gate, and into the streets before Sapol could catch up with me.

My mom's face was full of concern when I kissed her on her cheek as soon as I got home.

"Is everything alright, Win?" she asked.

"Of course, everything's fine," I assured her.  Another lie. How many more lies was I going to utter before the end of the day, I wondered.

I went up to my room and closed the door after me. Then I took out my phone from my brown satchel.

I went through my list of contacts and tapped on a name.

He took my call on the first ring.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Pluem Purin Rattanaruangwattana. He played the role of In, in the BL series "My Dear Loser, Edge of Seventeen."

"Hey, hey, hey," Pluem said cheerily. "What's up, buddy?"

"Wanna come over to my house and play some games?" I asked.

"You don't have to ask me twice," he said. "I'm halfway to your house already."

His cheerfulness managed to bring a small smile to my lips. At least for the rest of the day, my battered heart was going to get a respite from Sapol. 

Damn, Metawin, have you gone and fallen for that soon-to-be married bastard?" I asked myself bitterly.