Chapter 6

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Sapol dejectedly went back inside his house after Win walked out of the gate.

"What was that all about?" Sapol's mom asked him when he walked back inside the living room. "Why was Win in such a hurry to leave?"

"Something about having to finish some school project," Sapol replied before quickly running up the stairs to his room. He didn't want any more interrogation from his mom and most especially from his dad.

Sapol became more restless and agitated as the morning wore on. He paced his room back and forth thinking about how he could get Win to listen to him and to assure him that his heart was reserved for no one else but Win.

Finally when he couldn't stand it any longer, Sapol left his room and ran downstairs.

"Where are you going?" his dad asked him when he saw Sapol's hand on the doorknob.

"I'm just gonna take a quick walk," Sapol said. "To work up an appetite for lunch," he added.

"Be sure to come back in time for lunch," Sapol's mom advised him.

"Sure I will," Sapol replied.

Sapol walked in the direction of Win's house which was just approximately an eight minute walk away from Sapol's own house.

Sapol was already just a few distance away from Win's gate when he noticed Win and some other guy standing just outside Win's gate. They were discussing something and then suddenly he saw the other guy pull Win close to him and give him a hug. Shit, Win hugged the other guy back.

"Win!" Sapol yelled from afar.

Both Win and the other guy broke apart and looked guiltily at Sapol.

Sapol quickened his steps toward Win,

"We just finished doing our project," Win said to Sapol. "This is my classmate Pluem. Pluem, this is my neighbor Sapol."

Sapol could not help making a bitter grimace when he spoke. "Oh, so I am just a neighbor. I am not a friend, much less a boyfriend."

Win kept quiet and looked guiltily away, refusing to meet Sapol's intense gaze.

Suddenly Pluem spoke up.

"I have to run," said Pluem. "Pleased to meet you, Sapol. I'll see you at school, Win."

Once more Pluem made a move to give Win a buddy hug but Sapol blocked him.

"Once is enough," Sapol said with a smirk.

Pluem frowned but did not say a word as he walked away.

"Are you not going to invite me inside your house?" Sapol asked as Win just stood outside the gate, not saying a word but just staring blankly ahead of him.

"I think it would be best if we stopped seeing each other for a while," Win finally spoke up.

"Why? Why, Win? Give me a good reason," Sapol said, his voice sounding urgent and hurt.

Win shook his head and made a move to enter his gate but Sapol held him back.

Win turned his face away, not wanting Sapol to see the tears that were starting to fall from his closed eyes.

"Listen, Win," Sapol said, his voice barely above a whisper.  "I love you. I always have, from the first moment that I met you. It was love at first sight for me. And it was the first time ever that I have fallen in love with anyone. You know what they say about first love, right?"

"Right, Win?" Sapol continued when Win remained silent, his eyes tightly closed.

"Look at me, Win, goddammit, I just bared my soul to you and you won't even look at me," Sapol said in a hurt and angry voice.

Win finally opened his eyes and was about to open his mouth to say something when Sapol's phone started to ring.

Sapol fished out his phone from his pocket.

"Yes, Dad," Win heard Sapol say on his phone.

Win was close enough to hear what Sapol's dad was saying on the phone.

"Tricia and her parents just stopped by the house. Come over right now and help your mother and me to entertain them, son," said Sapol's father.

"Go home, Sapol," Win said, unable to hide the bitterness that crept into his voice. "Your future wife and parents in law are waiting for you. Don't forget to invite me to your wedding."

And with those words, Win stepped inside the gate and banged it shut on Sapol's face.

'This conversation is not over' Sapol told himself determinedly as he made his way back to his house.