Chapter 9

A/n: this chapter is a little short. So sorry about that.

So, if you need anything, just ask. Till then, see ya later.

//////////////////////////////////////////

Previously

And due to that very fact, everyone felt a little uneasiness as the atmosphere turn from panic to calm very quick. But, the calmness quickly kicks in, causing them to relax for the day.

Everyone: (I'll just..........stop thinking and be done with it.)

And it will came to bite them later on.

Current

We see Mari scolding those who use their magic carelessly, even the second years as they were supposed to know why they can't use it. Even after all this, Shuu's still sleeping.

But in truth, he was actually memorized every magic sequences known to Man, from the Four Great Systems and Eight Major Types Magic. He copy and paste every single data of the Four Great Systems and Eight Major Types to his computer mainframe and lock it in case he need it when things happen.

Right now, the bus arrived at a five star hotel reserved for The Nine School Competition. Then, Honoka and Shizuku attempt to wake up both Shuu and Miyuki.

Shuu: zzzzz.....let me sleep in peace......zzzzzz

But, Miyuki was the first to wake up. She then realized that she was sleeping on Y/N's shoulder. This cause her to blush profusely and stay away from him.

Miyuki: (O///////O) S-S-Shuu, wake up.

Shuu: zzzzzzzzzz

Then, Tendou Elesis came in, knocking Shuu's head off. This cause him to wake up, feeling pain on his head.

Shuu: OW!!!!!!!! What gives........!!!!!!!!!!

He look at his sister, who have a cross shaped pupil on her eyes, and her sclera glow crimson, looking at Shuu with a hidden intent.

Shuu: (........oh no.....)

Shuu frantically wakes up, doesn't want the end of what's coming to him. She then grab his eardrum, and drag him.

Shuu: Aaaaaaahh tatatatatata!!!!!!!! What gives!!!!!????

Elesis: you sleeping is what gives. We're already here!!!!!!

Shuu: ah right. Now, let go of me!!!!!!

Somewhere

We see Kirihara talking to Hanzou, who had a depressed expression.

Kirihara: what's wrong, Hattori ?

Hanzou: No, it's nothing. Just that my confidence took a bit of a hit.

Kirihara: hey, the competition starts tomorrow. Is this really when you question your confidence ?

He put his hand on Hanzou's shoulder, calming him a bit.

Hanzou: that incident today, I couldn't do anything.

Kirihara: not taking action is a right judgement, if you ask me.

Hanzou: right. But Ms Shiba handled it right away. If it was a test of power, I'd probably lose to her. But superiority among magicians weren't decided solely by the power of their magic spells. Still, it's not just a matter of skill. If I'm lesser of a magician than a girl, then how can I not lose my confidence ?

Kirihara: right. Strength and skills aren't as important as experience. In that sense, I think there's something special about the Shiba and Tendou Siblings. That big bro, I'm willing to bet he killed before. I can literally see him wearing his bloodlust like a damn coat. And don't get me started with Shuu. While his Psion count is very low, he had some mysterious things behind his very being. Like I'm watching the moon on the reflection of a river or a lake. His true strength is compared to the bright moon in the dark sky, rather than the reflection of it.