Chapter 19: Oh so, You looking for an Assistant Huh?

Start writing your story

Marcus P.O.V
So Justin? How is your job? Mom told me that you are a lawyer now; that is amazing! I wanted the conversation to divert away from my "job" in Germany that Tasha kept asking about at dinner so I decided to ask Justin about his; "it's been good. We've been so busy trying to find an Assistant for me because I've just had so many cases to juggle these past few months."

"What happened to your old assistant?"

"I never had one. At the time, the firm was so small but now that we're growing, I felt like I needed the extra help."

"That's good. The extra help will definitely do you some good." I immediately thought about Destiny for the job but first I needed to find out if she was employed.

"So Tasha, what kind of work do you do?"

"I am a teller at Chase Bank."

"That's amazing! How do you  like it?"

"It's nice. I really enjoy it."

Tasha was talking to me but she could barely look me in the eye. That alone signified that she felt something for me. If I wasn't sitting on the opposite side of this table, my hand would be up her skirt.

I didn't want to stay too long at Justin's house besides, I had to contact Destiny asap before he started looking for other candidates.

As soon as I finished eating, I got up from my seat to take my empty plate to the kitchen when Justin stopped me in my tracks. "Oh no, it's fine. We'll take care of it."

"Thanks, bro. Dinner was delicious; I can't believe I doubted your cooking skills for this long. Thanks for having me, Tasha. Goodnight." With that, I walked out the door and to my car.