Chapter 9: Nightmare

You laid awake, scrolling on your phone. It was three in the morning and there was no sign that you'd get sleep tonight. You'd think sleeping in a tower full of superheroes would ease your mind but it did the exact opposite. Something about the fact that HYDRA or any other organization against the Avengers could break in at any time didn't sit well with you.

On this particular sleepless evening you heard a strange noise coming from across the hall. You lowered the volume on your phone to hear it better. It almost sounded like..sniffling? Crying maybe. But that couldn't be possible. The room across from yours was Loki's.

As if that wasn't strange enough, without hesitation you practically floated off your bed and out into the hall. You couldn't stop yourself as much as you wanted to. It was almost as if something or someone else was making you check on him.

Your knuckles knocked twice on the large white door that appeared to be incredibly intimidating. When nobody answered, your body took over again; a slight ringing drowned out any background noise. You turned the handle carefully and gently pushed the door open. Luckily it made no sound so you pushed it a tad bit more, making a big enough entrance for you.

Without thinking, once again, you tiptoed into his room. Within a few seconds your eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room. You could see the god sprawled out in an odd position. His hands over his head, and through his hands you could hear muffled sobs.

"I am not dealing with this," you whisper-yelled. You knew who would though. Giving an additional glance to Loki who was clearly in pain, you felt your heart ache. You brushed off the feeling and exited the room promptly. Down the corridor you found Thor's room slightly ajar.

Thor sat curled up on his loveseat with boxes of pop-tarts piling up beside him. His tv screen reflected blue and white light on his shadowed face as he watched in amusement.

"Thor..?" You knocked quietly on the opened door.

"Y/n, are you ok?" He asked and paused his show.

"Yeah but Loki's having a nightmare," you informed him awkwardly.

"Oh no, not again." He sighed and stood up, his blanket fell down his back, landing quietly on the hardwood floor. He slipped past you, gesturing for you to follow him out the door and down the corridor. His footsteps were surprisingly light and he was extra careful once you both arrived at Loki's door.

He squeaked it open slowly and walked in, avoiding the creaky floorboard. Loki was still in the same position you had seen him in earlier. Hands over his head and one leg hanging off his bed. You stayed put in the threshold and watched curiously as Thor began to carefully shake his brother awake.

     You could see Loki start to stir, he lifted his leg back up onto his bed and his hands start to slip down his tired face. His sniffles and mumbling ceased, allowing the air to fill with a thick silence.

     "Loki?" Thor asked and pushed a lock of hair our of his face.

    "Why are you in my room, oaf?" Loki growled sleepily.

     "Y/n informed me that you were having a nightmare," Thor explained nervously. He held a part of his stomach tightly to block any dagger Loki might summon.

"I was not! What would they know?!" He frantically denied his brother and backed up, pressing his body tightly to the headboard.

"I would know because you're sobs are incredibly loud and I don't sleep," you spoke up from the doorway, "don't worry we all get nightmares, dear." You assured him and skipped off. You really just wanted to get out of there. Scared he might hurt you or Thor.

"Don't tell anyone," Loki grumbled to Thor.

"Of course, brother." Thor sighed and ruffled Loki's greasy hair.

"And, tell Y/n I say thank you," Loki requested once Thor made it to his door.

"Tell them yourself." He replied and scurried out the door. That earned a scoff from Loki as he laid back down into his bed trying to push away negative thoughts.

*

Ironically it is three in the morning

Oli <3