Chapter 10: Party Talk

You sat comfortably in the living room while Peter and Pietro buried you in pillows. It was few days after the nightmare and you hadn't seen Loki since. Instead of isolating yourself you decided to socialize with the most immature of the team.

"We have a problem," Tony skid into the room on wheelies with his arms stretched out for balance.

"Give me a sec, I'm not drunk enough to listen to you yet," you replied receiving a laugh from the boys. You chuckled at your joke and stood up allowing the pillows that covered you to fall to the ground.

"Whats the issue, Stark?" You inquired.

"Loki, he's out on the roof," he told you.

"What is he going to jump??" Peter asked frantically.

"No I don't think so, but I don't want him to summon the bifrost and leave. He's useful on missions," he reminded you.

"I'll go up there," you assured the billionare and patted him on the shoulder.

*

     Loki stood peacefully with his hands gripping the sturdy railing. His hair was sway slightly under the breeze. He took a deep breath, smelling the crisp fall air. He hadn't seen a view this beautiful since moving down Midgard.

     "Hey," you spoke up once you made your way up to the roof. His boot scraped against the concrete as he turned to face you.

     "Hello," he greeted and let go of the bar.

     "What are you doing up here?" You asked and peered over the edge of the building.

     "Just thinking about Asgard," he replied.

     "Asgard, right. How is Asgard..?" You asked carefully.

     "I feel like you know the answer to that question, darling." He responded sadly.

    "I was hoping I had the wrong answer," you admitted and placed your hand on his.

     "You've said a couple of times that a few of the others and myself are your 'comfort characters', why is that?" He changed the subject but never removed his hand from under yours.

    "Your struggles, your personality, your insecurities even are so relatable," you began, "so relatable that you made me feel less alone. I felt heard knowing that there were characters who were humanized. It was a great reminder that even your idols aren't perfect," you finally managed to explain.

    "Are you sure you're talking about me?" He chuckled in doubt.

    "Positive," you smiled and squeezed his hand a bit. He didn't move after. Instead he watched the cars and people move around on the street below.

    "Lets go downstairs, the others are most likely worried," he suggested.

    "Can you tell me a story about Asgard?" You requested as you walked alongside him.

     "Of course," he smiled and held the door open for you.

*

     "In honor of the blonde meanie joining the team we're going to have a party,"

     "Aw a party just for me?" She asked jokingly.

"Something tells me Fury won't be too thrilled with an ex-Red Room assassin walking around unannounced," Steve clarified.

"That is fair," she shrugged.

"Be glad they're throwing you a decent party. They half-filled balloons and put up lazy streamers for me," Loki scoffed.

"That," Steve started, "was before we could trust you," he explained.

"I'll never get over it," Loki crossed his arms and leaned back beside you.

"We should throw a party for Mr. Loki," Peter suggested. He turned to Loki who was slightly intrigued at the idea.

"Conjoin it with mine." Yelena shrugged.

"Yes you should totally do that," you agreed with her.

"Of course you would agree with me," Yelena scoffed and uncrossed her legs.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" You scoffed.

"Nothing, don't worry about it, hun." She replied and patted your head softly. She shot Nat a look which earned an eye roll.

"Back to what we were talking about," you changed the subject, "I agree with Peter. Loki should get a proper party."

"My opinion may be biased but I second that," Loki raised his hand earning a chuckle from you.

*

Loki is a sagittarius, I'm a sagittarius, it was simply meant to be 😌

Olivia <3