7

Shouting and chattering echoed through the cafeteria when Vernal and Y/n entered. A large line from the dining area as cooks set food up. Soldiers roaming around on their breaks as civilians eat. Footsteps echo from multiple crowds as plates clanked. Breathing as Y/n gazed around. Children running. Faunus and Humans getting along with no choice but to aid each other in such destuction being held in the world they onced lived it. Sunlight glowed into the room. Giving off warmth. Vernal walked forward as Y/n tailed behind her. Going towards the dinning area as cooks gave them their food. Walking along again as they went to their usual spot within the corner of the cafeteria. Sitting down as chattering continues throughout the crowds. Vernal gazed at Y/n for while as she ate. Slowly her gaze trails down to her arm, gazing at it. Black veins that trailed to her elbow all the way to her hand that was fully dark black. Vernal slowly then looked into Y/n eyes.

Vernal: "Hey.... Y/n."

Y/n slowly raised her eyes as she had noddles in her mouth.

Y/n: "Hm?"

Vernal: "How did you arm end up like this?"

Vernal gently wrapped her hand onto Y/n dark arm as she slurped her noodles up. Becoming silent as Vernal gazed into her eyes once more.

Y/n: "Remember we were in the room and Irene had those black veins from being bit? It happend to me to years ago."

Vernal felt slight rage in her but continue to listen.

Y/n: "It was when my village was attacked."

Screams echoed as building's were on fire. Grimm running around and ivanding her home. Cilvilians running as hunters try their best to fend of the grimm so their people would flee. Pools of blood flowed through dirt ground as bodies laid on the ground. Crying.

Y/n: "Grimm came unexpectly and we weren't prepared. They over ran us, the hunters tried their best to fend of so my family and civilians could escape the nightmare."

Roars echoed from the dark monsters. Y/n ran with her friends as screams of men as sounds of flesh being torn entered her ears. Causing her to cringe from such sounds. People scattered across the forest as more screams echoed.

Y/n: "The grimm followed us into the forest casing us down like prey."

Y/n ran as her heart pounds in her chest, bresthing heard only to stop when she heard her friend scream as she was tackled by a beowulf. Looking around and noticed a big branch. Grabbing it.

Y/n: "Hey!"

The beowulf turns its head towards you, swinging it with much force. It smacks the wolf square in the face. Making it fall off her friend.

Y/n: "Run!"

Her freind stood up and ran as Y/n stood her ground as the beowulf slowly got back up and growled.

Y/n: "Then she came."

Vernal: "Who?"

Y/n: "......Ruby."

The beowulf growled but didn't attack, Y/n snorts.

Y/n: "Come on!"

The beowulfs gazed looked behind her, slowly it backs away to Y/n watched. Then she felt a prescene behind her. Turning her gaze. Upon doing so a full force slammed into her, sending her flying. Smacking against a tree as she hissed in pain. Feeling dazed. Her vision blury as a chuckle entered her ears as she looked up. Breathing hard.

Ruby: "Oh finally

Ruby: "Oh finally. I have you in my grasp."

Y/n slowly tried to get up only to hiss in pain. Her back screaming in pain from it slamming against the tree. Gazing at Ruby as her head bled.

Y/n: "Who are you!?"

Ruby chuckles as her eyes glowed

Ruby: "Hehehe my name is Ruby my dear chosen beloved."

Y/n coughed a bit. Beloved? The hell she mean by that?

Y/n: "Beloved?"

She chuckles again

Ruby: "Yes. I have chosen you to be my bride and lover. I've been watching you for so long. Now that I have you. We're going home."

Y/n: "Like hell I'm going with you."

Ruby's eyes glowed more as she immendiately pins Y/n down, baring her fangs.

Ruby: "I figured you say that. But you have no choice in the matter. But before we go home. I have to make sure everyone know your mine."

Gripping your arm tightly, she immendiately bites your arm. Making you scream as her fangs piecred skin and muscle. Blood pouring from her arm.

Y/n: "Thankfully Irene, Diana, and rest of the elites came in time to save us and keep me from being dragged away."

Rustling came from behind Y/n as Ruby looked up as Irene lunged forward at Ruby.

Irene: "Let her go!"

Ruby summoned her scythe as the two clashed in a fight as Diana dragged Y/n away from the fight.

Y/n: "After the rescue, the doctors noticed my arm was getting black. They told me that it was venom from Ruby's bite that was causing my arm to be like this."

Y/n brushed her hair back with her fingers.

Y/n: "Some what from this I gained more strength and swiftness. Thats when I learned from being bitten from Ruby, my DNA was altered from her venom. Which gave me more strength and speed."

Vernal gazed at Y/n then gently held her hand gently

Vernal: "Then I should thank Irene then."

Y/n: "For what?"

Vernal: "If it wasn't for her, I would've never met you."

Y/n felt her face burn a bit from this as her heart beats faster from this then chuckles.

Y/n: "Yeah... that truly is a blessing isn't it?"

Hours past as Y/n looked out on her ledge, watching the sun disappear beyond the hill as night took its turn to change the sky. Breathing softly as she sips some tea. Slowly retreating back into her room as she sat down on the bed. Closing her eyes as she endured the silence. Minutes passed by as she suddenly feels dark prescene within the halls. Grabbing her gun and huntting knife. Y/n walked towards the door and opens it quickly. Peeping out as she held her items. Sucking in her breath. Silence filled the halls again. As she was about step out. A cold blade pressed against her throat.

???: "Don't move."