𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 she had a perfect life, a wonderful mom and dad, and most of all a big sister that was always there for her. The Smiths were family friends with the Kwellers and their son Cameron was best friends with Casey, the two of them did everything together until one day, all the happiness fell apart. 

On August 15th Casey's sister Jules died in the ocean, she was a lifeguard at one of the town beaches and died trying to save someone, she dove into a sand bar and broke her neck. Casey was heartbroken, the accident ripped her family apart. Her mom blamed her dad for letting Casey become a lifeguard in the first place and her dad blamed her mother for letting Jules become spoiled, the only reason he said yes to lifeguarding in the first place. 

Two weeks later her mom and dad announced that they were getting a divorce, it took Casey by surprise since only about 16% of parents break up after the death of a child. Casey was given the choice to live with her mom or dad and in the end, she chose her mom Jessa. 

Casey and Jessa were allowed to keep the house and its belongings, Cameron and his mother did their best to support the Smiths but only Mrs.Kweller seemed to make an impact. As much as Cameron tried he could never fill the hole in Casey's heart that had been for her sister and soon Casey began to push him away.

She felt as if he was telling her to smile and move on from her sister's death like he didn't care at all. At least that's how she perceived it. 

When Casey turned 12 she had a huge glow up, she was aware that she wasn't gorgeous but that all changed when she entered the seventh grade and Padget came along insisting that Casey was drop-dead gorgeous. Soon Casey began to believe it and even let Padget get her into Instagram. 

When she was 13 she decided that Cameron was the dead weight she didn't want to carry along and with Padget's guidance she managed to ditch him ending any communication between them and branding Cameron as the school reject, a complete and utter mess. 

By the time she reached the age of 14 she was Instagram famous alongside Padget, with thousands and thousands of followers Casey became one of the most desirable and popular girls at school, she was named the queen bee and everyone knew that to challenge her would be a huge mistake.  

Casey soon lost touch with the real world, while her grades were still good enough to get her into Dartmouth she didn't see the world as she used to, it was all, she has to like me or I'll destroy her. Jessa, her mom, was too busy to notice what had happened to her daughter so she was never reminded that things wouldn't always be perfect and when someone is at their highest, that's the best place to rip them down. 

As Casey neared the age of seventeen her life was pretty much perfect. She had lots of friends and fans and had what most teenage girls would die for. Casey never noticed how Cameron would look at her almost longingly from a distance, even if he didn't want to admit it he missed her and if she wanted to be friends again he would gladly accept. What he didn't know was that pretty soon he and Casey would be a whole lot more than friends and he would be the one to bring her back down to earth.