𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Hey, it's Cameron, leave a message or don't I slammed my phone down as I got his voice mail for the 15th time "what have I done" I whispered to myself before sitting down and burying my head in my knees 

"Is Cameron still not answering?" my mom asked walking into the room 

"No, but can you blame him?" I sighed biting my lip softly 

"No Case, I can't blame him but right now I'm more worried about how heartbroken my daughter is," she said sitting down next to me 

"I really fucked up," I told her as tears welled in my eyes "I ruined the only real thing I had in my life, just like I did all those years ago, maybe I'm just a fraud" 

"I know for a fact that you are not a fraud," my mom said sternly "you are a kind and caring person "

"But I hurt him, mom, I mean I really hurt him" I let a tear slide down my cheek "I don't know how to make it right" 

"Alright Casey, you screwed up and you can sulk around all day feeling sorry for yourself or you can learn from this and figure out a way to get Cameron to talk to you, even if he doesn't forgive you. Listen, we all get lost now and then but it doesn't make you a bad person"

"It just feels like that right now" I croaked wiping away the silent tears that were falling down my cheeks "I feel like a horrible person" 

"You are not a horrible person, you are sweet and funny and a bit stubborn but not horrible" she rubbed my back a bit which was actually pretty calming "now I want you to pick yourself up and go to that prom"

"Ok" I stood up and gave her a hug "I love you mom" 

"I love you too Casey" I grabbed my phone and walked up to my room dialing Brin's number the whole way, I had to get Cameron back no matter what it costed 

"Screw off Casey" Brin spat into the phone when she picked up 

"Ok I probably deserved that" I sniffed my voice was very nasaly at the moment "Brin, I have to ask, is Cam ok?" 

"I don't know, he's at work" she sighed "why are you calling me? aren't you supposed to be at prom"

"Yeah, like thirty minutes ago but I had to call because I need a favor and I know I don't deserve it whatsoever-"

"Exactly" she cut me off "so why should I help you" 

"Because I can't lose your brother, I've lost a lot, I've lost friends, I've lost my dignity, I've lost my dad, and I've lost my sister but right now all I care about is Cameron, he's my light Brin, the only person in my life who can make me feel truly safe and happy" I didn't add my mom to that because it would have been inappropriate timing to say that Cameron wasn't the only one. 

"Ok, I'll help" she said "what do you need me to do?"

💋

Thirty minutes later I was at prom in my dark blue dress, everyone in Jordan and Alden's dance club was instructed to wear dark colors to make our dance look even better. To be honest I think that our dance is better than Padgett's. 

"There you are!" Alden exclaimed "we need you to start the dance!" 

"Big night huh?" Padgett walked up with a small smirk 

"What the hell do you want?" I snapped 

"Nothing, I just noticed you didn't bring Cameron" she laughed a bit "that's unfortunate"

"He's not coming ok Padgett" I rolled my eyes "are you happy now?"

"I'll be happy when I get my crown and you don't" she then flipped her hair