60

PART SIXTY.

( another pre-warning for absolutely shameless smut like this whole chapter )

It's almost intimidating, to be dressed up so properly — clad in silken midnight, with all the valentine suggestions of love twinkling across his bones — while two pairs of eyes survey every aspect of his entity. It's as though he's melded into the skyline with the way in which he shrinks before them, curling like burnt leather, twisting into a form that shall appeal to them.

"I think they're too tight." Taehyung has to physically control the way in which his breaths leave his lungs, grappling at carbon dioxide, aiding it in it's release. It falls delicately from him, like a bird soaring from it's cage.

"Oh, I strongly disagree." Jimin says, not even bothering to mask his indelicate tone, letting the weight of it swirl across the room; in one fell swoop, the paintbrush of his seduction splashes Taehyung in the face, and leaves it's dripping, red tendrils to spritz across his skin in a ghastly evocation of a blush. His eyes serve to increase that redness tenfold, as he surveys the blonde, in the trousers that certainly were figure-hugging.

Upon picking Taehyung up from the school, the pair had decided it to be time to take the boy shopping. A few weeks prior they'd inquired as to whether he desired to attend Hanbit and Juri's wedding, and, hesitantly, Taehyung had agreed. So, they'd expressed a sudden urge to splash out on him, to help him choose a suit that would fit both Hanbit's dress code, and their own.

They hadn't necessarily thought of the implications that came with it (ie: watching the blonde try on various different articles), but, they couldn't deny it was certainly a bonus.

"You're gonna look gorgeous in anything you try on, Tae." Jeongguk actually tells him, as if it were a fact. He's reclined back in one of the seats, one arm around the back of Jimin's chair, his legs spread apart, the alignment of his every muscle proving to reflect some sense of dominance over the very space around him, like he owned the air.

Though Taehyung had seen the boy's soft side, he couldn't deny his quiet observational side still intimidated him somewhat. He seems to forget, sometimes, just how much he used to fear the boy. He remembers now, as those brown eyes twist with hunger and morose. It's a different kind of fear though, one that was less shuddering, and more coated in something entirely venereal.

Like a blushing bride, the blonde merely shakes his head and closes the curtain again.

There's a small, comfortable silence that whittles around them, redolent of tender aromas and rosemary bunches, all just soaking in the beautiful peace they'd made for themselves.

When Taehyung reappears in a navy suit, Jimin whistles at him and grins at the redness of the blonde's face, even as he rolls his eyes playfully. "Very dapper, darling." He encourages him, mouth twisted into a smirk.

The blonde flairs his nostrils. Jungkook's head tilts, slow, deliberate. His grin is slower still. His whole face turns darker with it. "Stunning."

Biting the inside of his cheek, Taehyung looks at himself in the mirror, and wishes he could see what they see. He can't help but want to pick something good, something that won't make him stand out too much, but will flatter him should anyone take notice. The very thought of being around their families again, especially after what his dad had told him, especially after everything that's unfolding between them, especially after the realisation his entire life is comprised of lies, is enough to clog his arteries with anxiety. He's absolutely, heart-wrenchingly anxious to have the perfect outfit.

As he turns back to them, their eyes look a little hopeful, and their faces immediately deflate as he shakes his head. "Blue's not my colour."

"Every colour is your colour." Jungkook informs him, though Taehyung ignores the compliment in favour of hiding behind the curtain again. The blonde shakes his head, even though they can't see him, and looks through the other possibilities they'd picked out for him. They seemed to like playing dress up.