25

PART TWENTY FIVE.

The rain clouds and their grey accompaniments remain throughout the next day. Taehyung's a variant of the sun's splendour against the vast of macabre; he's the incongruous spectator against the world's noir. In his bright yellow rain jacket with matching yellow converse (totally disregarding the school shoes he was supposed to wear), bounding headily though the slaver of the sky, upon his mint-green bicycle, he appears to be the very embodiment of juxtaposing sunshine. Ra resides within his exterior, and moonbeams chase the stars upon his skin. Streams of prosperity and chance flicker across his visage — an unknown forecast within his mainframe. There's wisdom in the constellations of his eyes and it'd be fascinating to those who believe in star signs, as he appeared to hold them all. There's inescapable colour in his blood and rainbows remain outlaws within his veins; ichor pounds beneath the golden summer haze of his skin, a hail storm of thoughts pounding about his mind. His mouth is full of starlight and there's a sprinkle of pixie dust gambolling about his irises. He's the sun to the rain and the creator of the rainbows.

He's running late, he doesn't quite know how but he is, and so he's peddling with a great intensity. Despite the vast exudes of effort he's being forced to input into his cycling, he's enjoying himself, he's positively jovial. Sure, the rain often is the foreteller of bad things, but, to Taehyung, who'd been staring at the unvaried pattern of it all weekend, it was beginning to feel a lot less jarring and hell of a lot more peaceful. There's such great beauty in rain, he'd discovered, and it's a wonder he ever missed the glory of it. It's everywhere; surrounding you and consuming you, it's literally impossible to miss, whether your blind, deaf or just dumb. That itself is beautiful, Taehyung thinks.

But what's most beautiful is the power it has — the ability it has to ruin a nice picnic or to ruin an entire country. Taehyung finds it so so ridiculous how much damage these little fractals of water, that fall about his skin, leaving it to glisten like a celestial body, can do. Right now, it just seems like a nuisance, something to soak his clothes and dampen his hair, but he knows it can quickly transfigure into a wave of undisclosed destruction.

He basks in the glacial projection of the stars and their tears, finding such grave sanctity in their nonconformist sadness. He doesn't, for some reason, deem it wrong to gain joy from their despondence, perhaps it's because he feels as if there's a little radiance in their tears — perhaps they're tears of celibacy and exuberance?

Despite being at least twenty minutes late for his first lesson and despite there being a soulless courtyard awaiting him, there's still one entity lingering about the gate, as if knowledgable of Taehyung's late-comings. It's someone he hasn't seen in an entire week, almost as if they were both north magnets, constantly repelling one another. He looked better than ever though, in an (indisputably) overpriced, black puffer jacket, his hood shading his face, which is dripping with cloudburst and torrenting drizzle. His hair is clementines in the summer, shielded by his hood, and just about peaking through, also varying to the repugnant grey of the world. His eyes are dexterity and there's the world's alumni dancing in his soul. There's a quintessential blur of indiscretion and intelligence drifting through his negligence and there's such a pretty burst of wildflowers clambering up his spine.

There's serpents on his tongue and there's novice in his fingertips, as he waves toward the latecomer, leaning lackadaisically against the wall, "hey, babydoll, nice coat you got there."

Taehyung stills his bike right in front of Jimin, adjusting his coat, a little self-conscious if nothing else, "thanks."

"Living life a little recklessly today, huh? No helmet and you're twenty five minutes late, tut tut." Jimin's voice is but a dalliance through his teeth, melting in with the patter of the rainfall.