Chapter Two

I am working on updating all my stories. I am in school at the moment lol. So, it's a little slow going. Enhoy this next chapter my lovely readers!

Chapter Two: Poor Percy...

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

"Percy!" Hazel yells happily. 

"Bro!" Frank screams. 

They both run for me but Blackjack keeps them at bay and enters the tunnel. 

"Thank you old friend I appreciate what you are doing for me." I speak to Blackjack and ignore Hazel and Frank, they already IMed me and apologized, but I couldn't and still can't accept it. 

'Anytime boss. I'm making that moronic sea god let me come to Elysium to see you when this 'ole heart of mine gives out. He is swearing on every deity higher to him, including Tartarus and Gaea herself.' 

"I'll wait for you then. I won't try for rebirth as long as you keep that promise. You're the greatest hero to ever live my friend, don't let anyone tell you any different. I'm proud to be your friend." I pet his mane weakly. I'm finally dying now that I'm away from the cabin. My fatal flaw can't keep me alive anymore now that I'm away from water. 

'There is only one that surpasses me then.'

'Who?' I ask in our connection, too weak to use my voice any further. 

'You. And I'm forcing the gods to recognize it and fulfill your wishes from the wars.'

And we emerge from the tunnel and bathe in the light of Camp Jupiter. People start pointing and rushing over as we cross the river, Blackjack being careful not to let me get wet. Reyna, the only Roman who is still my friend, gasps at the sight of me and runs over, but Blackjack whinnies loudly and stamps his hooves to keep all the gawking demigods away from me. 

He neighs and the sound reverberates all across the valley and the city. I can hear what he is saying though. 

'All hail the greatest hero to ever live, Perseus Jackson!' 

'Thank you.' I whisper to him in our link and he gallops full speed through the parting crowd and straight to the city. Terminus heard Blackjack and let's us pass without a word and keeps Julia from getting run over by my pegasus. He slows down once we are past the border and canters slowly through the streets so I can marvel at the city's flawlessness for the last time. I gaze upon the beauty of the city without lifting my head. He circles around twice for me so I can see everything. And becomes surrounded by every last citizen and legionnaire of the Roman encampment and city. 

Terminus appears before Blackjack and I and looks at me sadly. 

"I will translate for the pegasus my Giant killing friend and honorable former praetor. I do not believe what these children say and neither does our only praetor." Terminus tells me proudly and looks over to Blackjack. 

'The hero has one final wish.' Blackjack whinnies loudly, daring anyone to refuse me. 

"Blackjack, right?" Terminus asks my pegasus and he nods. "Blackjack is the noble steed of Perseus Jackson and says his friend, the hero, has one final wish." Terminus declares loudly and Reyna steps forward. 

"What is it dear pegasus?" She asks softly. 

Blackjack walks up to her and lowers his head to her face. 'To die little friend. My best friend wishes to die.' 

"He says his best friend wishes for death." Terminus tells her in a whisper and she chokes on air. 

The crowd starts whispering and soon everyone is shouting. Hazel and Frank are crying and trying to get to me, but Blackjack huffs angrily and stomps his hoof for them all to back off and be quiet. 

"Enough Romans!" Reyna shouts and everyone shuts up immediately. "Perseus Jackson, why do you want to die?" Reyna asks. 

'It is no use, he is dying as we speak. He just wanted to see this place one final time. Where may I lay his body and watch over him until he passes?' Blackjack asks her. Terminus repeats it for her exactly and Reyna smiles sadly as tears roll silently down her face. 

"Terminus, I'm restoring Percy's praetorship, I'll replace my badge and cloak when we lay him to rest." Reyna says as she removes her praetor symbols after Terminus nods the okay. Her voice doesn't waver but her tears increase in amount. She puts the cloak on me and dons the badge on my chest. She kisses my cheek and puts her hand on Blackjack's neck. 

"Follow me to the most beautiful place in this entire encampment. Let it enchant him to sleep forever and pass peacefully as the proud Roman he is. Loyal to the end." Reyna whispers and leads us to this huge garden. She helps Blackjack to the middle of it where a small pond with life teeming in it lies with trees and flowers all around. The sounds it makes making my heartache fade away. 

Blackjack lays next to it and sets me up against him. He curls around me protectively and I lay one hand on his snout and the other over my stomach. My head lays weakly against his neck as I watch the life go on around me. 

'Thank you for helping me for the millionth time my old friend. I will never forget you. I'll make sure everyone knows about you before you come down to me when it is your time.'

'I will always remember my greatest friend and honorable hero. I'll make sure it is you the new demigods idolize. I'll make the older ones regret their decision. Your name will be remembered until the end of time, I promise you that.' 

'Which is why you are my favorite pegasus ever and my greatest friend. I may not have a whole lot of life left in me, but it will be a little while before I pass. I'm spending my last moments with my favorite person in the whole wide universe.'

'That means a lot to me boss.' Blackjack whinnies gently and nuzzles my face. 

We sit there for a long time and watch all the beautiful life continue around us. After that long while, I know I'm about to go. 

'Do you think, that maybe, just maybe, I will be forgiven by the fallen?'

'You bet boss.'

'Maybe I can be happy there like I am when my best friend is with me here.'

'Yes you will.' 

'I am scared Blackjack. I want to die so badly, but I don't know if I can even make it to the Underworld.'

'Do you have a drachma?' 

'Yeah.' 

'Then if you got that, you'll go straight there. No one can deny you passage to Elysium and I'll fight for you no matter what if they refuse. Over my dead body will they cause you more grief.' 

'That makes me feel better. Definitely the best pegasus to ever live. I'm sorry I'm leaving you here in this cruel world.' 

'Don't be. I'm setting things right and ticking off every single god and goddess I can in your memory, binging on donuts, and when it's my time to go, I am coming here just like you have and taking my sweet old time joining you just like you are now.'

"Thank you." I whisper to him. 

And the last thing I hear is, 'Anytime, my friend.' In my head and I close my eyes as the dark takes me from the pain to eternal bliss. 

Oh no! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I know, I'm being evil, but I just can't help it. I will definitely update though. I already got the material for the next chapter written, so ddon't worry too much. Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Until we read and write again my lovey readers!