Chapter Six

Let us see how this one goes, shalle we my lovely readers?

Chapter Six: What Can They Do?!

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

Mrissa unclips a rose barrette from her hair and presses the center of the flower, it lengthens into a spear and a pink screen of power appears on her left arm, the opposite arm from the one she uses to wield the spear.

Perionea draws her hunting knives from her shins underneath her blue sundress and they crackle with pink light.

Naihla takes off her bracelet and whips it out, it turns into a white bow and her quiver appears on her back. She notches an arrow and points it at Zeus. The tip of the arrow surrounded in a pink aura.

"Just because you're the king," Naihla starts.

"Doesn't mean that you have the right," Perionea growls.

"To order around whoever you like. Kings are supposed to be fair and just, not greedy and power hungry." Mrissa finishes snarling.

"Our father doesn't answer to you. He answers to the eldest Olympian. Lady Aphrodite is kind and loves us like we are her own." Naihla tells him.

"You attack the man that could defend Olympus alone with a hand tied behind his back. Wrong move." Perionea shakes her head and grins at Zeus.

"You all blocked that." Ares smirks.

"Dad reacted first and took the brunt of the force. You don't have to face battle alone. You'd die first if that's what you think." Mrissa tells him.

"Girls. Go help your mother. I will take care of the situation from here." I tell them firmly and they return their weapons to their dormant forms.

"Yes father." They say and hug me. They sprint out and Artemis smiles at them.

"You believe I cannot block it myself? Try again sky god. I won't hold back now that my family is out of the way and as you can see, they are perfectly capable of fending off any attacker. My wife and I have taught them well." I tell him and he throws his master bolt at me. This time the white screen is more powerful even without my hands to back it.

The bolt bounces right back into Zeus's grasp and his eyes are wide. "You and your children are very powerful." Ares murmurs in admiration.

"Too powerful." Zeus's eyes narrow. "And too many of them."

I growl. "I will kill you if you think you can harm my children."

"They could easily be influenced to betray the gods." Zeus snaps.

"How dare you! They are children!" Aphrodite screeches.

I put my hand to my chest and Zeus looks at me strangely. I look into his eyes and catch him in my gaze. "My fatal flaw is personal loyalty, just like my best friend's dead brother. My wife's fatal flaw is somewhat close to mine. They flow through our children, every last one of them and mine is the most dominant because it is very powerful. My children could never betray the gods because of their loyalty to their parents and their friends in some of the gods. I would rather die than let you touch them. I'm not afraid of death Zeus. Once I even begged for it to take me and now I am glad it did not, but I will welcome it like I belong to it. And when I come back, if you are still here, I will kill you." I tell him and his eyes widen again.

"Why didn't you say your fatal flaw is personal loyalty?" Athena asks.

"I did not see fit to give you my life story." I reply and my aura starts flowing around me. It's white, red, pink, and sea green. "Not only am I blessed by Lady Aphrodite as her Champion and Guardian, I am blessed by Lord Hephaestus as his Champion. I am a child of the sea and I cannot be tempered, I do not like being restrained." I look back up at Zeus and my scarlet eyes burn with a fire of determination. "If you think I will stand idly by and let you murder my family, you are sorely mistaken. My life is fueled by two things and these two things are the only things I strive for in my life. Love and loyalty. You won't lay a finger on any of them." I snarl as my aura radiates off of me.