Chapter Nine

As you can see, I am updating. I am trying to update each story, one chapter at a time. Maybe more. Just depends on which story line I am in the mood for. Maybe it'll be your favorite. Who knows. I am reading through the stories to make sure I haven't missed anything while I update. So, Here we go, my lovely readers!

Chapter Nine: The Big Explanation

Point of View: Perseus Jackson

I walk into the main living room where all the kids are trying to gather close enough to hear fine. Which actually isn't a problem for any of them, but they really want to sit next to everybody. So, they are all on the round couch and I sit to where they can all see me, sitting in between Mrissa and Naihla. I get them all to quiet and settle down. Which is easy with them because they know how to behave. 

"Alright, who all knows why I died as a demigod?" I ask, sighing. All hands go up but Terissa's and I nod. "Shall I start from the beginning or why I died in the first place?" 

"The beginning!" Terissa giggles and holds her feet as she laughs.

"It might be easier to start from the beginning, daddy." Belle tells me. 

"Very well. It all started when a satyr by the name of Grover..." After about four hours, I get through the Second Titan War and all the quests and time it took to get down to my sixteenth birthday. Then another two hours to explain how I got dragged into the Second Giant War and how I ended it by killing Gaea. "After two months or so, everybody started to distance themselves from me. Annabeth took the longest, but eventually became the one who hated me the most. After being persecuted for about three more months, I shut myself in my cabin, my fatal flaw unable to take any more injustice upon it. I used the Earthshaker powers the sea still enabled me to use and created big ravines of saltwater from the ocean all around the Poseidon cabin. After a few days, Blackjack managed to get past those who ran the stables and through their haze that was starting to make them realize what they had done. 

I let Blackjack into the cabin and only him. He would be my company and watch over me. When they tried to build the bridge, I would make the earth have tremors, frightening them, and then once they were back on the other side, I made the gaps next to my cabin wider and harder to span so easily. They tried about three times a week and after about five, I decided I could make a final choice. I left with Blackjack and did something that would make the both of us happy, at least for a little while. Then, he took me to the last place I wanted my dying eyes to see, since I was dying away from the cabin's atmosphere as it kept me alive. He took me to New Rome, and my last Roman friend led me to the most beautiful garden after I saw the city one last time. After a few hours, I knew I was about to die and when I did, I felt much better. Only to awaken, it seems, a few minutes later. I awoke in Aphrodite's shrine.

The peaceful prisoners were freed and came to pay their respects, along with Thalia, Nico, and your mother. There, your mother and I were married." I tell them and then speak to them about the years after that up until now, watching them all grow up and loving them. "When each and every one of you were born, I couldn't help but think i made the right decision." I smile warmly through the tears falling down my face silently, you couldn't tell i was crying unless you were looking at me.

"What all did they do to you, daddy?" Serina walks over and climbs up and onto my lap.

"It would be better for you to hear when you are older." I whisper to her.

"But I want to know if I am going to go to camp." She pouts.

"Sweetheart, I just don't want you to know at your age." I argue back softly.

"I think we should know. Serina is right, if she does decide to go to camp, she should know who and who not to trust and how to find friends other than in us." Lydia agrees with her little sister.