Chapter Five

What do you think is going to happen next, eh? Go on and read, my lovely readers!

Chapter Five: KIDS?!?!?!?!?!?!

Point of view: Third Person

The throne room doors open and a bunch of kids run in. "What is this?!" Zeus booms.

The kids head straight for Kalókardos and bash into him as they climb him like a jungle gym. Aphrodite grabs one and chuckles as the kids settle upon Kalókardos with ease.

"Are they all yours?" Artemis asks in surprise.

"Yes and this isn't all of them. My lovely wife has the rest of them with her. They are the older ones." Kalókardos smiles and picks up the last little one, cradling her in his arms.

"Behold the beautiful wife of my Guardian! Reyna, daughter of Bellona!" Aphrodite announces and everybody looks towards the doors in shock.

Reyna walks in with more kids and holds another one in her arms. Instead of kids ranging from 4-7, these kids range from 8-13 and Reyna holds a newborn. She smiles as she reaches Kalókardos and they share a small kiss.

"How do you fare today love?" Kalókardos asks gently.

"Never better dear." Reyna answers happily and the kids all stand silently, shocking Artemis.

"Why aren't they jumping around? Even my eldest Hunter is childish and she has been around forever." Artemis asks them.

"Mommy and daddy were both part of the legion miss. They say as long as we are respectful in public and other important times, we can run rampant at the house as long as we don't break anything. Which is easy because we don't mind. Lady Aphrodite and Lord Hepha-, Hephae-." The eight year old is having trouble.

"Hephaestus sweetie. Lord Hephaestus." Kalókardos chuckles and Hephaestus smiles at the man.

"Lady Aphrodite and Lord Hephaestus always come over to visit and show us how to do different things." The eight year old tells Artemis and smiles proudly when she pronounces the god's name right.

Artemis points at each child as she counts. "Fifteen kids? You have fifteen kids?" She asks incredulously.

"No, nineteen. Oh my gods. Did you guys lose the twins again?" Kalókardos looks down at the group of smaller children.

"No! They sneak off all the time. I blame uncle Hermes!" A five year old tells him.

Kalókardos sighs and looks at the doors. Reyna looks at the doors too and counts silently under her breath.

The doors slam open and four worried faces of two seven year olds and two eight year olds stand in them. "We thought we lost you!" One yells.

"Yeah, don't do that again!" The other agrees.

"What happened this time?" Reyna asks.

"We looked at this pretty building and were staring when we were knocked over. Then we lost sight of you guys." The second one explains and they run to Reyna.

"You guys are hard to find." The first one complains. "We had to locate dad so we could get home."

"What brought you guys to the throne room?" Kalókardos looks at Reyna.

"We were going to wait outside for Lady Aphrodite. But when the children sensed you inside they insisted on coming in to see you." Reyna explains and her husband nods.

The little girl he is holding tugs on his hood and he smiles as he looks down at her. "Daddy, can you take down your hood? Your eyes are so pretty." The little girl pleads.