23 Proof and the truth

Gon blinked. "Why not?" he crossed his arms. "Killua's not from around here, how could you just-" He snickered and grabbed a pencil and some paper from his bag. "I can draw him!" He settled down and started to draw, the two just stood there in silence for a while. He hummed a little, then his eyes started to shine as his picture came together.

 He hummed a little, then his eyes started to shine as his picture came together

Gon beamed and stood up, then held the picture out. "I believe I'd know my best friend thank you very much Mr. skeptical!" Asta's eyes widened. "Woah! I've never seen him use his electricity before but it looks so cool!" The other guy thought for a moment. "I'm still not too sure" He rolled his eyes, then pointed to Lupe. "Well that huge furry creature looks like Mike, he's Killua's guard dog and he's like a few stories tall-" The green and brown haired male gulped. "He didn't say it was that big-" Gon grinned. "I can draw him too if you want" Asta's eyes shined a little. "Yeah! Also that's Finral in case you were wondering" He nodded, then grabbed his pencil again. 10 minutes later he had finished and shoved the picture through the bars so they could see.

 10 minutes later he had finished and shoved the picture through the bars so they could see

(Pretend he's a more greyish color, I really liked this picture though)

"Woah!" Finral looked kind of nervous. "do other animals like that exist where you're from?" He blinked. "All sorts of magical beasts exist. Like Lupe and the other two, some of them are massive. Ooh! Like Kon! I was just telling Asta about him, he's a foxbear. Not as big as Mike but still pretty big" Suddenly there was a loud squawking noise. He looked over to see that a strange looking bird was flapping near the bars. "Woah! I've never seen that kind of bird before!" he held a hand out and the blue and red bird perched on one of his fingers. He took a good look at it and determined some facts in an instant. "You look very intelligent girl, are you a magical beast?" He stroked her horns. "A horned bird, interesting" Then the bird spoke. "Gon" His eyes lit up. "Woah! A talking bird!" Then he blinked. "How'd you know my name? I didn't say it when you were around"

The bird tugged his sleeve a little, then took to the air and fluttered back. He got what she was trying to say, and left the cage. The apelike creature let out a sad growl and he scratched under his chin. "I'll be back alright?" He then completely ignored the other two people, and bounced over to the bird. "Is there somewhere you wanted to take me?" The bird kept flying and he laughed a little, running after her. "Where are we going!"

The bird settled on a table in a half cleaned room, he closed the door behind him and blinked, then his eyes went wide. "I can smell Killua's scent in here!" The bird chirped, then started to glow. His eyes shimmered as she turned into a human, sitting on the table with her legs slightly crossed. "My name is Secre Swallowtail. You are a friend of Killua Zoldyck, correct?" He nodded, "Yeah! I'm new to this kingdom thingy, when I got here there was this book that says 'The Clover Kingdom For Dummies'. It has a map and all sorts of stuff about how it works around here!" He held out the book, and she narrowed her eyes slightly at it. "It looks like a grimoire with text on the spine" He blinked, then squinted a little. "What's a grimoire again? I remember the word but-" She shook her head. "That's not the point, the point is... He's had multiple panic attacks"

Gon's eyes went wide. "Oh right! I forgot he has separation anxiety!" how could he forget that? As worried as he'd been about Killua, he'd never thought about how much he'd be missing him. "Most of those panic attacks...were about you" He nodded. "yeah I bet all of them where, but where is he?" Secre sighed. "He wasn't allowed back to the hideout for a few days, that was about 2 days ago" Gon frowned slightly. "I heard someone say that, but why?" She shook her head. "That's for him to tell you, he should be back in a week or so" but why? "But why?" He said, this time with a slight whine. I wanna see Killua now! "he's recovering" Gon blinked. "Oh did he get stabbed or something?" Gon snickered. "He'll be out for three days not a week" Secre paused. "How so?" He giggled. "We heal super fast!" Then he sighed. "And Killua would most likely pretend he's fine while it still hurts. He acts like he's not in pain but he is. Killua's got the best straight face I've ever seen. If he doesn't want you to know something, you don't"

Secre chuckled softly. "Except if you hide away as a bird and he doesn't think you're a human" Gon's eyes widened. "Did he actually talk to you about stuff?" She nodded. "He didn't know I was a human until about 3 and a half weeks since I met him. He always seemed very....sad. It was the only reason why I stayed with him at first" He bit his lip slightly. If only she knew... "He'd talk to me all the time, and I started to get suspicious of the way he acted. Talking about strange things" Gon stiffened a little. Secre had a somber look in her slanted eyes. "The day before he got injured...he told me the truth. Despite knowing I was a human, he still kept talking to me" He...did? He actually trusted her? That seemed like a lie. A very big one. He shifted a little. "I...I don't think I believe you. Killua doesn't just...trust. He doesn't tell people about-" Secre spoke over him softly. "He told me about his parents, about his family." Gon's eyes widened again. Why?

"It sounds horrible...and...he was terrified. Terrified of never seeing you again, that he wouldn't be able to be there if you were in danger" Gon felt tears sting the corners of his eyes a little. He's never been without me for longer than a few days since we met. It must...hurt so bad. He gritted his teeth. "I need to see him!" Secre shook her head. "Nobody has heard of him since he left, a few people think he went out to the woods but I think he went all the way back to Hage. He met some people there that took him in when he first got here" Gon bit his lip, right fist clenching. I saw Hage on that map, it was highlighted for some reason, same with the Black Bull's hideout. It's so far away, and there's no knowing for sure if he's even there. Gon wiped his eyes, then settled down on the chair. "I...I'll wait."

1200 words

To be continued...