- 7 - Breach in Trost

I uploaded this chapter a bit earlier since I have a lot of free time and manage to finish this earlier than I expected it to be. And, thanks for reading my story so far. It really motivated me to write more and try my best to make this story more fun to read with some amazing ideas. :) Arigatou!

- your author

At night, all of the 104th cadets are all lined up with their fist on their chest where their heart was.

"As of today, you won't be soldier-in-training anymore! You'll be choosing one of the 3 regiments from now, so choose wisely." Instructor Shardis said.

The 10 stood in front from the lowest and highest rank. Instructor Shardis then tell their ranks.

Christa Lenz - 10th
Connie Springer - 9th
Sasha Braus - 8th
Marco Bodt - 7th
Jean Kirstein - 6th
Eren Jaegar - 5th
Annie Leonhart - 4th
Berthold Hoover - 3rd
Reiner Braun - 2nd
Mikasa Ackerman - 1st

Its kind of surprising that y/n wasn't in the ranks right? Wanna know why? Because he gave them up for other people since he wanted to join the scouts from the beginning. At least he gave someone a chance to be safe within these walls and serve the king like how Marco wanted to.

After the graduation, all the cadets are seen to be in the messhall, drinking beers and celebrating together until Thomas asks Eren what regiment he wants to join.

"The scout regiment." Eren answered.

This made Thomas look at the brunette in shock. He then raised his voice. "Eren! Do you not know how dangerous it is to be in the scouts?! Many people died when they go outside the walls! We got no chance to fight those titans!"

Eren just look at him with a composed expression and said. "Do we just give up just because of that?"

Thomas went quiet, he doesn't know what to say. y/n then place his hand on Eren's shoulder. "No." Eyes are now on him. "Humanity have lived in fear of titans outside this walls. Aren't you guys curious? What's outside? I am. The world is vast. Not that I know how big it is but if we didn't go out there, how can we see what's outside. Even if we just stay here and the scouts was banished as a regiment, what makes you think that the human inside these walls won't get bigger?"

Everyone just stare at y/n with surprised faces but not a single one of them can say anything. Eren and Armin just stare at their adopted brother in awe.

"And if this wall can't handle any more of us humans. What do you think will happen? It'll only be a matter of time before people are sent outside to reduce us. It's like, we aren't free at all. Come on guys, think." He touch the side of his forehead using his finger, poking it a few times. "Do you guys want your future grandchildren to live in fear of being sent to the outside? Look. I know you guys are scared, terrified. It's only natural to feel that but we all know that we will die sooner or later. It's just a matter of dying old or by some accident or something." He shrugs.

"This peace we are having are just for a short time. It can't last till forever. Well, that is unless we do something about it! Don't you all wanna know what it feels to be free? To be able to go around the world without fear of titans? Don't you, Eren? Armin?" He turn his head to them.

Both of them just nodded while staring at him in awe.

"I'm not saying this to tell you guys that you should join the scouts. No, that's not it. I'm just trying to make all of you realize why some people chose to join. You all have a chance to change the future, even if it was just a little bit. It doesn't have to be joining the scouts, some of you who was chosen to join the mps can try to be a better soldier than those corrupted mps. They're too carefree and selfish. They even do bribes and sells weapons in illegal ways. What do you think will happen if people like those serve the king? And if more and more people be like that, what will happen to the innocent citizens? Once again, think."