The child inside

Jimin woke up with a head that let him know he'd definitely indulged too much. He sat up carefully , how had he got home did he get a taxi? Why couldn't he  remember things when he got drunk? He showered and made his way downstairs quietly not wanting to interrupt Jungkook  who he knew was in his home office today,at least he remembered why he'd gone out last night. Rubbing his eyes he entered the kitchen to get a glass of water but stopped when he realised Jungkook was there."I-I'm sorry ,I'll  come back later." He made to walk out but a hand on his arm stopped him," Jimin, please don't be scared to use this place as your home, I was totally out of order yesterday and I'm sorry."
Jimin looked up nervously," No Kookie, you were right I should mind my own business, I shouldn't tell you when to eat or do anything, I remember you told me a long time ago not to be clingy, I forgot so I apologise," he rushed out, fingers twiddling together.
"We are friends Jimin and as such should be able to say things to each other,I was in a shit mood and took it out on you which I shouldn't have done,sorry."
Jimin nodded then walked to get some water and tablets which he took immediately.
" how's your head, you drank quite a bit, before I picked you up."
"You picked me up?I didn't do anything wrong did I , did someone call you to come and get me?"
"No Jimin, I called you to see if you had a coat as it was raining you let slip where you were so I came and picked you up," he lied to the boy casually.
" I can't remember getting home or undressed," he looked in horror at the other," you didn't undress me did you?" He squeaked.
Keeping his face as straight as possible he lied," No of course not Jimin, we both got a bit wet getting out of the car, I helped you to your room and told you to get changed while I went and did the same, when I knocked you were sound asleep in bed so I turned the light off and left."
"Oh, sorry you had to pick me up Kookie I won't do it again."
"It's ok Jimin don't stress," Jungkook smiled at the boy," so today I have to go search out some locations , do you want to come?"
"Me with you!" Jimin said excitedly , clapping his hands in delight," I'd love to come if your sure?"

So far they'd stopped in a small village , then on a busy bridge and now at a beach, Jimin loved seeing sights but the beach was one of his favourites. He ran around excitedly, taking his shoes off and running along the waters edge his beautiful smile on his face, Jungkook took his video recorder out to capture all of this, thinking that today Jimin was showing the child within himself so relaxed and free of stress," Kookie,Kookie let's get an ice cream , please!!!"
Jungkook laughed" your like a little kid," he said packing his camera away.
"That's it "yelled Jimin theatrically," that means war," he said bending to splash water at the other catching him smack on his face. He looked at the other standing in shock before chasing the giggling boy down the beach.
Jimin was laughing so much he didn't realise how near Jungkook was until a pair of arms surrounded him lifting him up and swinging him around until he felt dizzy.
"No....no more Kookie," he laughed.
Jungkook slowly let the boy slip down his body. The laughter fizzled out as the two stared at each other,  Jungkook looking at quizzically at Jimins lips."those  lips," he said to the other boy,"hmmmm?"
" what flavour ice cream do they want!"
Jimin laughed," strawberry no vanilla, no maybe both!"
Both laughed, in the end getting two scoops on each, Jimin looking like he'd got the best present ever, Jungkook smiling at how easily pleased the boy was suddenly remembered that this was how Jimin had been originally, always smiling playing like a kid until he Jungkook had spoilt it, he frowned.
Jimin seeing the frown automatically thought he'd done something wrong, had he been to loud, had Kookie had enough of him?
Jungkook heard the other sigh and brought his mind back to the present." What's up Jimin?"
"Erm, I wondered if you were annoyed at me for being loud or if I had taken up too much of your time."
"Why would you think that?"
" well you started frowning and as I'm the only one with you I thought I'd upset you."
Jungkook brought the boy in for a hug," oh Jimin, I wish I didn't make you feel so on edge."
" N-no you don't I'm just fully aware of the fact people get ansty around  me,in the army I was called the gay who kept in the closet, you know how homophobic the army is, you don't let on your gay because although they know about it they don't want it in their army, they used to stop other soldiers mixing or talking to me, I was like the elephant in the room that no one talks about, but everyone's aware off."
"Jimin I'm sorry it must have been hard, I know they can discharge you if your gay or seek help for your 'problem' but I never realised it happened to you."
"Can you imagine the shame for BTS if I was discharged? And I don't see being gay as a problem so of course I wouldn't seek help!"
"Is that why you lack confidence? Not being able to show who you are.?"
" maybe, but I've always thought I'm not good enough, that's why I practiced so hard so I didn't let you guys down."
Jungkook felt his heart drop, Jimin said it so matter of factory, really convinced others thought of him that way.
"Let's go Jimin it's a long drive back," he said pecking the others forehead and giving a quick hug.
As they drive back , Jimin hummed along to the car radio then it went quiet, Jungkook looked across to the passenger seat, to see the smaller curled up against  the seat , fast asleep.

Once back both boys showered in their rooms before meeting in the Kitchen. "Takeaway?" Jungkook asked.
" I can cook if you want?"
"No Jimin let's order, you deserve a break"
When the food came the boys quickly started eating, Jimins face blissful as he ate the delicious meal
" mmmmm so good," he said.
Jungkook stared at him, he expressed himself so joyously  it made you feel like you had given him the world, his beaming childlike face automatically making  Jungkook smile back.
This boy made him feel good, his happiness spreading all around his heart creating a warmth like a ray of sunshine.
The small boy suddenly yawned,apologising as he did so,the day catching up with him.
Jungkook told him to go to bed ,the sleepy boy nodded unthinkingly leaning in as a child would to a parent to kiss him goodnight, then suddenly eyes wide awake realising what he'd done, stood up quickly tried laughing it off before running red faced up to his room.
Jungkook watched the boy go, putting his fingers to his lips he sighed, I'm starting to like being around you Jimin, more than just a friend.