CHAPTER 1

Keiko sometimes regretted her decision on becoming the vice-principal of Tokyo Jujutsu High School. If someone told her that working as the vice-principal meant she'd have to regularly interact with the higher-ups and the other Jujutsu Clans, she would have just chosen to continue her work as a Jujutsu sorcerer. All the meetings and paperwork were starting to kill her from the inside. If the offer of her becoming the principal ever came up, she wouldn't hesitate to reject it.

Staying up till the early mornings were becoming more and more frequent. Work had piled up on her desk after the recent events that involved Geto. Keiko had already expected the uproar from the higher-ups. They weren't exactly happy when they discovered that she had a chance to execute Geto when he visited the school to declare war.

Now she was stuck cleaning up the mess Geto had died with, doing everything she could to prevent something like last year ever happening again. How nice of him to leave her with so much work...

The screen of her laptop showed that it was 2:25 A.M, way past the usual time she would sleep. She should be in bed by now, sleeping comfortably on the silk sheets but the anxiousness in her chest never seemed to fade. The bed was colder than she liked it to be without Satoru.

Earlier this morning Satoru and Megumi were sent on a mission to find one of Sukuna's fingers hidden at a nearby school. Keiko knew that it'd take quite a long time to find it but she expected them to come home by now or at least return to the school. She hoped that they didn't get into any trouble, they had a knack of doing that.

In the meantime, Keiko opted to distract herself by doing the unfinished work she had been putting off for so long in her home office. Topics ranging from increased sightings of cursed spirits to the financial state of the Gojo Clan were an absolute bore to read through. Having to read page after page of blatant nonsense draining any energy Keiko had left in her.

Sensing the growing headache crawling into her brain, Keiko decided to take a small break. Pushing the remaining work load aside for tomorrow. Using her arms as a cushion, Keiko laid her head on the table, sighing tiredly as her eyelids grew heavier. She'd probably have some sort of back pain tomorrow but she didn't care anymore. Fatigue hit her like a truck and all it took was one last deep breath for Keiko to knock herself out.

Keiko wasn't sure how long she stayed in that position, it was long enough for Satoru to come back though. "Honey..." A voice whispered, gently poking her cheek. "Honey, c'mon you gotta wake up..." The voice continued, jabbing her cheek even harder. Keiko groaned and swatted at the finger, "Leave me alone... I wanna sleep." She mumbled, shifting away from the presence standing beside her.

After a moment or two of silence, Keiko felt a pair of arms sneak around her waist and carefully lifted her up in the air. Keiko didn't have to open her eyes to know who it was, his cursed energy alone was easy to recognize.

His footsteps were light as he carried Keiko down the hallway to their shared bedroom. The silk sheets greeting her exposed skin, sending shivers down her spine as she turned around and opened her eyes. Although her vision was a tad blurry, Keiko could see the outline of Satoru's figure sitting on his side of the bed, his back facing towards her. His dirty clothes now thrown aside, replacing them with only a pair of seemingly clean loose grey sweatpants.