CHAPTER 5

Gojo Satoru, to many people's surprise, is not blind. He may seem like it because of his blindfold and glasses that he constantly wears but he's not.

The moment he was born, he could see things others shouldn't and couldn't see. Information flooded his mind endlessly when he took his first ever breath in the world. All that because he was born with a cursed technique that somehow changed the balance between man and curse. And to no one's surprise, It brought him more enemies than allies.

Even then, some weren't true. Some of his 'allies' clinged to him because they know he has the power to kill them if he so wished to. Their loyalties to him were tied with his strength, not to the man himself, not to Gojo Satoru.

In the end, the vicious cycle of strength opened Satoru's eyes to the true nature of this world. Kill or be killed. Only strength was all that mattered. The weak grow but only the strong succeed.

And then he started attending Jujutsu High School, a starting point for every single sorcerer in the world. His viewpoint on the world changed. Sure, he still judged people by their strength but it was toned down. He met Geto and Shoko, the first two people who treated him normally. And then there was her...

Hinata Keiko. The name confused him at first. The Hinata Clan was one of the smaller Clans in Jujutsu history. All he knew about them was that they had given birth to Jujutsu Sorcerers but all of them mysteriously died before their coming of age. Satoru assumed that they died because of their weak constitution towards cursed energy, everyone did. He assumed that she would be weak as well.

Oh how wrong he was.

On their first mission ever, Keiko was the one who saved his ass from a surprise attack. Keiko was the one who beat him in their academics. Keiko was the one who managed to worm her way into his heart. She was the one who made him need her.

Satoru wasn't sure how she did it. How she broke his walls down faster than anyone else could. Was it the way she moved elegantly when fighting curses as if it was merely just a simple dance? Her voice? Her smile? No– It definitely had to be her eyes. The deep hues of red that overwhelmed him with so much love and care. Even at night when he was alone in his room, all he could think about was her eyes. God he felt like he was losing his mind every time she glanced at him.

Her eyes held so much emotion that it was difficult to figure out what she was feeling at any given moment. Maybe that's why Satoru could tell that something was off the moment he laid eyes on Keiko when she was making her way towards him earlier in Harajuku.

Movements were stiff, shoulders tense and the biting of her lip was obvious enough to easily get Satoru's attention.

Though she hadn't said anything yet, Satoru knew something happened. That's why he remained somewhat silent when they went to the abandoned building which became Kugisaki and Itadori's temporary testing ground.

Satoru interacted with the group just enough to not rouse any suspicion but quiet enough to observe Keiko comfortably from a distance. With each passing second, the worry inside him and questions began to brew in his mind. What in the world happened in the split moment that they had gotten separated?