chapter 2: what was seen

When she saw the note it was covered in dried and cracked blood she still took a look at it holding it so very carefully so that she could avoid the dried messy off blood all over the note that said " Be at your book shop by 5am tomorrow to play my mystery game or else there will be dreadful consequences that will make you regret not playing it maybe torture or death but you will never know..... but be warned there are rules! and you will only find out what the rules are when you play this small game of mine.

- mystery xx"

But one thing she did not know was that she wasn't the only one playing in this twisted game from "xx" but so were the three unknown men she met this week....they were all playing this sick game of hide and seek murder edition. none of them knew how they got the bloody notes from"xx" on their kitchen tables or how "xx" even got into their cozy homes but the one thing they all knew way that it was creep and they were all scared of the consequences if they did not participate...  

The next day she woke up at 4am so she could still get to do her normal morning routine since that's probably the only normal thing that she will get to do for who knows how long, she got her usual morning coffee so she could somewhat process what was going on this early in the morning and the creepy note that she read yesterday. While she was eating her breakfast she re-read the note from yesterday over and over just to make sure she wasn't seeing things or going crazy out of her mind. When she got to her shop she was met with the same three tall men that came to her shop earlier this week. "hello?"she asked with a questioning tone in her voice, as the men heard her voice they then all turn to look around to see her standing at the entrance of her shop seeming a bit confused " umm we got a note saying that we had to meet here at 5am" one of them says in an almost nervous or even skittish like voice " me too " she answered seemingly curious as too why these 3 men were picked to play along in the game " but isn't this you're book shop?" he asks almost surprised but also seemingly confused too " yes it is my bookshop but i also got a note saying to be here by 5am, i usually don't open the shop until 8am " she answer his question carefully   " can I see your guys's notes?"she asked being carful of who she was talking to because for all she knew one of them could be "xx"      " sure" all three of them said in union. So then she proceed to take their bloodied up notes and read them to herself and then she replied with" all our notes are identical each of them say the exact same thing just the names are different " and then they proceed to look at each others note and are surprised by them since they say the exact same thing but the dried blood stains are different indicating that they were indeed written at different times. there was one thing that no one noticed except her, she saw that the handwriting changed but that the signature was the same on all of them so she decide to point it out to the three guys standing in front of her; then they look over the notes again but more carefully and then they also notice the slight change in the font of the handwriting almost seeming that there may be more than one killer but they used the same signature or they are trying to play it of as if there is more than one of them and hoping that all three of then would take notice of it. 

Suddenly all three of them got a notification on their phones and so they all look at their phones at the same time to see that it's the news saying another murder has happened a few block down the street  from the bookshop that she owned. Then they all look at each other and nod in union as if knowing what each of them were thinking and then run a few blocks down to see.......

what did you three see? will this change anything of how fast you work on the case together? Or will something worse happen...... find out in the next chapter.

word count:816 (edited) 

(A/N) Hey I hope that you all enjoyed chapter 2 and i hope to you you all in chapter 3 if you wanna find out what you have see warning it will be very graphically described. Bye!