Twelve

Luke watched her sleeping in the backseat of his car with delight in his heart because finally, he had what he needed to survive. Abbie would not escape him now, and he could tell her that he was sorry for treating her as if she were nothing to him. He deserved another chance to make her an honest woman.

"She will never be yours if Abraham still lives."

Luke turned around as he pulled his mustang into the trees surrounding the cave. "You shut up; you want her to die."

"She must die to bring the Horseman to his knees."

"I want her. I suffered enough abuse and ridicule from those that I work with for treating her like shit after having what I wanted from her."

Luke's chest rumbled from the Demon's laughter.

"She did not enjoy your clumsy act of love, did she. She did not willingly give in to you. You forced her, and to spare herself more pain, she stopped fighting you and endured your assault."

Luke slammed his fist into his chest. "That is a lie! I would never force her to do anything!"

"I see your mind, boy. I know what you have done."

"If I forced her to have sex with me, why didn't she ever tell someone."

"You are surrounded by those who love you. You have the ear of those in power, and Abbie does not."

Luke smiled. "She thinks that she can leave me. I will tell her when she can go."

"It would be best if you killed her before she tells of your evil to Abraham. The Rider deserved her first blood, and though she bled. He will still kill you for touching her without her consent."

"I don't fear your Rider," Luke said as he grabbed his shirt in an attempt to strangle Moloch. He thought the Demon had left his body, but if his blood is still inside you, his evil stayed with you forever.

"You cannot have the woman without the Horseman's head in your hands. Only I can help you achieve that."

Luke began laughing as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "I did all of this myself."

"Yes, and I kept him blind to your movements for as long as I could, but now the Horseman cometh to take your head and retrieve his mate."

Luke ripped his shirt, trying to get his hands on the malicious Demon. "She will never be his!"

"She smells like Abraham. You will never rid her thoughts about my Horseman unless she dies. However, if she continued to breathe, she will remember every caress and every time his seed surged into her body like the fires from Hell. Your attempt to take her blood and heart failed. Abraham has taken both."

"Shut up; you wanted to do the same thing that Abraham is doing now!"

"No, I wanted to use her as bait. I could feel my Rider slipping away from me, and just as one of my pets died from one of his blows, I saw him with her. I knew then that my Rider had a weakness."

Luke opened his door, got out, opened the driver-side passenger door, and slid Abbie out of the back seat. He hoisted her over his shoulder and carried her through the dense woods towards Moloch's cave.

"What's in this cave?"

"The cave hides my lair where my power is the strongest, and I can kill the Horseman. My finest creation, my greatest warrior."

Luke felt sorrow flow through the Demon as he spoke about Abraham.

"Why do you feel sorrow for him? he betrayed you, and he should die for that. I helped you take what he loves and that makes me your finest creation."