Chapter Seven Nearly A Prologue

When Alex met Penelope he would have liked to say that the stars aligned and that something lit up inside of him like a Christmas Tree. He really did...want to say something like that.

    She must have been having one hell of a day that day. Throughout the grocery store she not only didn't help the old lady with the heavy bag of dog food, the old man who dropped his wallet kept walking without so much of a glance back, and the lady with the baby wasn't let ahead of line at the till either.

    When she dropped her paper bag full of groceries next to her Land Rover, spilling the contents onto the cement scattering like a children's game of marbles, I wasn't very shocked to hear a fuck! escape her mouth.

    "Would you like some help?" I asked, chuckling as I pushed my cart closer to my grey and black Hummer that was parked beside hers.

    "Sure." She muttered, almost to herself.

    We picked up her groceries as other people passed by, and afterwards we exchanged numbers and she told me to call her sometime.

    When she first told me that her name was Penelope it clicked right away, the Penelope, and all the clues to the puzzle of the first woman that I've ever fell in love with at first sight fell into place.

    If you've gone through something like that you might know.

    Hopefully this book won't end like the blurb says.