𝟬𝟮.

to look good

to look good

𝑆𝐻𝑂𝑇𝑂:

"Tell me again why I'm being forced to go to this event?" I ask my father, who is watching me tie my tie.

"Because Shoto, I need to show that I, the new Number One Hero, has a powerful and smart family."

"oh so your not showing off the 'family' after people asked where mom was." I sigh. seeing that my sarcasm is taking a toll on my father.

"Well desperate times, desperate measures. This event will not only have the top hero's and their agencies, but the current top celebs. Which means that those people famous for posting a picture of salad will have many people waiting to see who is at this event."

"Which means you need your kids there so you look good." I say to the old man.

He sighs and in return, I turn around, walking away to see if Fuyumi, my sister, is ready. Even though my father wanted all his children there, my older brother refused to come. He said because of some college stuff but we all know he resents my father, even more than I do.

"Hey Fuyumi, you ready?" I knock her door.

"Yeah, i'm coming Shoto." she yelled before opening the door. "Lets go!" she smiles.

She's always so happy.

♡︎

The car ride was awkward, like always so it wasn't surprising. Fuyumi was trying to cheer me up and get me to be happy for this event but all I was looking forward to was the cold soba they'll have. Nothing. Else.

When we got out of the car, reporters and cameras where outside. Lots of flashing lights. Lots of questions.

"Do you think your son will win the upcoming sports festival at Yuuei?"

"Shoto. do you have a girlfriend."

"Endeavor, how did it feel when you surpassed All Might?"

"Endeavor's beautiful daughter is here as well!"

Always the same nonsense, but like always we ignore and walk away.

The place was packed. Celebrities were everywhere no matter what genre.

"I'll go get our seats." My old man spoke, walking away right after.

"I'll come Dad!" Fuyumi followed, cheerfully.

I'm going to find some cold soba.

There was so. much. cold. soba.

I'm in heaven. I grab a bowl for now and i'll come back for more. But, what if people go for some too. This is a party after all, so I wont be the only one who likes cold soba. But, I also don't wanna be rude and take all the soba.

"I wouldn't worry too much about taking a lot of food. Most of the people here are on strict diets so they'll only take pictures of how good the food is and then throw it away." A girly voice giggled next to me.

"I'm sorry?" I asked the petite girl. She stiffened.

"Oh sorry, it look like you were contemplating on how much food to take, so I thought I would just talk to you about it..."she dragged out.

"Oh, yeah I was. Thanks for that input." I say to her, taking more cold soba.

"No problem. So are you an Idol?" She asked, trying to keep conversations.

"No. My fathers the Number One Hero, and I'm a hero in training." I say, looking towards her so she knows i'm paying attention to the conversation.

"Really? You're so pretty I assumed you were a fellow Idol." She smiled.

"Thank you."

"No problem!" she smiled, then turned to grab some food, she also went for the cold soba.

"So you're an Idol then?" I asked to be polite.

She looks around my age, but I rarely listen to music and I don't really keep up with Idol drama or stars. Maybe she's popular.

"Uhh, not to sound egotistical but I'm currently the most popular teen Idol star with music that's on 'Top Charts'." She rubs the back of her neck.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about...that must mean you have a great voice. I don't really keep up with music, let alone Idols." I tell her.

"And I don't really keep up with Hero's so i'm sorry." she says to me.

"Don't worry about it." I nod. "So what's your name?''

"Yn Ln!" she smiles, holding out her free hand.

"Shoto Todoroki." I hold out mine to reach hers.

♡︎

Yn and I decided to head to an empty table so we could eat. Her hair was really long and her face was relaxed as she smelled the food she grabbed.
For someone who was talking about celebs and their diets, she grabbed food as if she hadn't ate in a week.

"Are you hungry?" she smiled, looking up at me.
Was i staring for too long? "I'm only asking because i don't mind sharing the last of the salmon sushi they had out." she smiled larger.

"Oh, if you don't mind." the sushi did look amazing.

"Of course!" she put the plate in the middle of us.
"I don't really get to eat this much amazing food, so i think i went a little overboard.." she looked at her four plates of food. not to mention her bowl of cold soba.

"eat as much as you desire. don't want you being malnourished." she sighed and started to eat.
"itadakimasu" she whispered.

In full honesty, yn looked malnourished already. she had bags under her eyes and looked incredibly tired and thin. not that it made her less pretty but just concerning.

"itadakimasu" i say and begun to eat.

"You know, my manager forced me to come and i had just planned to stay in a corner and wait for people to come to me." she started, i looked to her as i brought noodles to my mouth. "but i'm honestly happy i met you, because now i have someone to sit with." she smiled. "and your not loud like the others."

I smiled to her.

"i'm glad i'm sitting with you too."