Chapter 2

Y/N

It's Friday afternoon the weekend is about to begin, and boy I'm glad. This past week has been really frustrating. Work was fine, just had to put in some extra hours to catch up on some work, hence me being at work on a Friday. Another reason that last week was frustrating is because my MRS keeps hitting dead ends. At this point I was wondering if I should just start over. You know going back to the basics before trying to solve the unsolvable problem. On the bright side sneaking into the lab was incredibly easy, it's like there is no security at all, no one ever checks to see if there is anybody who doesn't belong here. As long as you can swap your ID badge and get in without setting of an alarm, no one questions anything. There were a few times that I ran into some other people but everyone was busy doing their own research. Today there was no use for me to stay late and tray to sneak in to the lab, I had forgotten all my research at home due to an insane hangover this morning. Thus I just headed home, it was around 6pm when I arrived. The moment I opened the door to my apartment I was in shock.

My place was completely trashed. Yes I know that it wasn't clean but this was different. everything was broken my desk was flip upside down and the binders that used to be there were all gone. I started to panic a bit, this had never happened to me. All of a sudden I was afraid the men who had did this were still in the building. I was about to run away when I realized that they might have stolen my MRS research. Lucky for me it was all still there, I had hidden it in a small briefcase under the floor of my bed. I had to push away some wood to reach it and cut my arm in the process. Since there was no money stolen and my tv was still here, the only conclusion I could make is that they most have been after my MRS. It was probably no longer safe to keep the briefcase in my apartment. 'Work', Yes that was it the perfect place to hide it, you needed an badge to get in and I could just lock it in the bottom drawer of my desk.

I grabbed all the stuff I would need for tonight, which included the small amount of cash I had laying around, a toothbrush, some deodorant, my ID badge or key card whatever you want to call it and the briefcase. I would just sleep at work for one night. I went outside, it was already really dark and most of the street lights didn't function properly, making it even darker. I was five minutes in my 30 minutes' walk when it started to rain slightly. It is remarkable quiet for a friday evening, the streets are rather uneventful. I don't mind though walking alone in the dark as a woman was never my favorite activity. I still have ten more minutes to go and it was pouring rain right now. Making me scold under my breath. I knew there was a short cut to work but I don't usually use it when it is dark out, it consisted of some strange alleys, but since it was pouring and there really aren't that many people around, I took it anyway. Just as my luck would have it, I was stopped halfway through the alley.

Four men approached from the front, while another two men closed in on me from behind. 'Shit, Shit, Shit', 'fuck,fuck', my mind was racing, my heart pounding in my chest. One of the man stepped forward, causing me to back away. That's when the men behind me grabbed my arms. "fucking asshole that hurts" I yelled at the man beside me. He had grabbed me right on the cut in my arm. He just smiled as he held me tighter. "now, now, that's no way to treat your friends" one of the men laughed. "I'm not your friend dickhead" I reply with a small smirk, hoping it would mask how scared I felled inside. On his command one of the other guys stepped forward grabbing the briefcase out of my hands. I try to resist but it was no use, I stood no chance against these men. I know some basic self-defense but not enough to get me out of this situation. One of four guys who had been standing before me had walked to my back and kicked me in my popliteal, causing me to let go of the briefcase. I scream as I fall to my knees, directly being held back up by the two men by my arms. "fuck you" I say spitting in the men's face. Earning a big blow against my head. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes as I felt my nose starting to run. I could soon taste iron, as the blood is now touching my lips. 

The outburst of the man in front of me, causing for the men on my arm to lose focus. As soon as I could feel their grip loosen, I elbowed the guy on my right, right in the throat, kicking the guy on my left before attempting to run. I didn't get far. I heard a gun being fired followed by a sharp pain in my leg. I scream as hard as I could while collapsing to the ground, reaching both hand to my leg. The pain was intense, I could feel the bullet in my leg. It is making me nauseous, I had to resist the need to vomit. The six men slowly walked up to me, "you little bitch" he grunted before kicking me to my head. Tears started pouring out of my eyes as the blows kept hitting my body. I rolled to my sited hugging my knees to my chest and using my arms to protect my head as best as I could. I was starting to lose conscious, no longer being able to take the hits. Before I passed out one of the men yelled to the others to stop. "we need her alive" was all I heard before everything went dark.

A/N

Hey everybody as always I am really curious to hear what you all thought. So please leave a comment, any suggestions are also always welcome. If you have tips for me on how to make the story better or saw any faults please let me know.