11. The Old You

I was downtown the next time I saw him. It was the morning after the whole slapping thing, and after Perrie basically told me to back off. When I had gotten to my dad's, she had handed me an envelope, but I was too dishearted to even look inside. But I couldn't give up yet. Last night had basically been a huge mess.

I was a mixture of scared, confused, heartbroken, guilty, upset, and probably every other emotion in the English dictionary. But hey - could you blame me? I didn't know what I would do, now that Perrie was back. I had no time to explain to Zayn before she most likely would, and no time to try to make him understand.

I was in the coffee shop as he walked into a store across the street, not even noticing I was by the large window with a coffee in my hands as someone walked in and took a seat across from me. It was Perrie, with a scarf over her head and large sun glasses on, and she shoved a hat at me to put on as disguise.

"Perrie?" I said in confusion, putting the hat on anyway.

She shushed me. "Do you want to start a freaking riot?"

Harsh. "Sorry. What are you doing here? Aren't you into this whole ignore Lela thing where you just hate me for, you know, 'changing your image'?"

Perrie Edwards leaned back in her seat, snatching my coffee and taking a sip. "Listen, keep talking like that and I'm going to rethink employing you again. I need you to just keep at this thing for a bit longer while I visit my boyfriend in the Bahamas."

I raised my brow. "You're leaving again? Seriously?"

But I secretly could not tell you on any level how excited I was that Perrie was thinking about letting me be her for a bit longer. This meant she hadn't told Zayn - that I still had a chance to prove to him that I really was different, and not this awful Perrie. I wanted him to love me for me, not for who I was pretending to be.

But how?

"Are you even listening to me?" The blonde-haired-bitch snapped from across the table, bringing me back into reality.

I nodded, even though I totally wasn't. "Of course. Continue."

She continued. "I understand that you're getting a little comfortable with my fake boyfriend, hm?"

I bit my lip. "I'm just..."

"No excuses." She said, and then half sighed. "Although I can't blame you; he is attractive."

Jealousy coursed through me. Even though she was just agreeing that he was hot, it still annoyed me - she had a boyfriend! She couldn't go suddenly realizing that her fake one was way more attractive than her real one whenever she felt like! I tried to push away my annoyance and flashed her a smile in agreement.

Perrie smirked, but resumed talking about the deal. "So, what do you say? What's in that envelope isn't the last of it, by the way."

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I was going to after that little stunt you pulled yesterday, but for now, no."

"So, does this mean I'm officially you again?"

She nodded, sticking out her hand elegantly. "This means that you are unofficially Perrie Edwards for the next few weeks. Don't screw it up."

~*~

A few days later, I went to the supermarket. And guess who I saw there?

"Zayn?" I questioned, trying to see who was behind that mountain of hair facing the candy isle.