12. Fake Beginnings

"Looks like you finally like the new Perrie like we do," A voice joked.

"Shut up! She's right here!"

"What, you afraid she'll hear us in her sleep?"

I could hear the voices, but they didn't know that. One was obviously Zayn, and I guessed the other one to be Niall. I inwardly cringed, knowing that he knew the 'new Perrie' was actually just the real Lela. But, kind of curious as to what they were going to talk about, I still pretended to be asleep in my boyfriends' lap.

"I just..." Zayn said, and then sighed. "I don't want to mess things up."

Internally, I melted. Externally, I just laid there with a face that gave nothing away besides the fact that I was sleeping. Feeling as though I had enough spying done for one night, I 'stirred' awake, smiling 'sleepily' at Niall and Zayn.

"Hey guys," I said, and then pushed myself up. "What time is it?"

Niall briefly smirked at me while Zayn checked his phone, and then said softly, "Ten."

I widened my eyes - my curfew for my dad's house was in thirty minutes. Quickly, I played it off and smiled, asking, "Can one of you drive me home?"

Zayn bent down to peck my lips and murmured against them, "Of course."

Niall made a huge scene of it, saying "ew" and complaining girlishly about how "forever alone" he is. I reminded him how he was an attractive millionaire and only eighteen, to which he chuckled and agreed about. I rolled my eyes and got up, combing my hands through my sleep hair.

"Actually, I'll give you a ride home." Niall declared, pushing Zayn back down on the couch. "I was just about to go out anyway."

Zayn raised his eyebrow. "And where are you planning to go?"

"Out!"

Niall grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, dragging me out of the apartment. He finally let me go as we were walking to the car, where he hopped into the driver's seat and turned the music up. I vaguely wondered why he had to drive me rather than Zayn, if we were just sitting in silence with music in between us.

But two minutes after he pulled out of the driveway and was on the road, he asked me where my dad's address was. I told him, and then it dawned on me why Niall would drive me - cut out the middleman of going to Perrie's and then to my dad's, which would cost me time and money for a cab.

Halfway there, he turned the music down, and glanced at me with a timid half smile. I knew immediately that whatever he was about to say wouldn't be light small talk.

"So," He drawled out. "You and Zayn."

I pushed down a blush. "Um, yeah."

"You know, I'm not exactly for the actual Lela and Zayn right now." Niall told me his opinion, and I sighed.

"Why not?" I asked; I needed to know.

"Because this will only last until Perrie comes back and Zayn sees the change in her - you - whatever; and then he'll be heartbroken."

"I know, I know, but..."

"Listen, the guys and I talked about it, and they agree."

Right.