5. Stars

Oh shit.

                I was currently staring at myself in the mirror, trying to decide whether to think like Lela or Perrie as I had my internal freak out. Deep breaths, and you'll be fine, I kept telling myself. But even after I took my own advice, I still was at a brick wall, not knowing what to do or where to go... or how to handle this. It seemed like lie after lie, it kept coming back to bite me in the ass.

                "I can sneak. I'm good at sneaking." I told myself, looking in my own eyes through the mirror and trying to gain confidence. "I can do this."

                Taking a deep breath, I fastened my hair in a bun that made me look a little more like Perrie and made sure I was standing tall and had a straight face. I was a great actress – I mean, I've gotten this far, right? Let's pretend like I'm in a spy movie! Getting into character, I slipped out of the door and checked both ways before walking slowly down the hall.

                My dad walked out of a room two doors away from me, and my eyes widened before I practically dove into a rolling cart carrying around clothes – for who or what, I didn't know. But what I did know was that my dad was heading right towards the cart, as if I drew bad luck with me everywhere I went.

                "Patricia, are these the clothes for the Gaga shoot later today?" My dad asked, and I could feel the clothes being tugged at as he looked through them.

                I was on the end, hiding behind a sequin-green dress.

                As he inched closer, my breathing hitched, and I prayed to God that he'd think I was Perrie. When he tugged the green sequin dress, he stopped, and examined it thoroughly. My eyes were wide as I stared up at him and 'Patricia' to see them both not have their attention on me whatsoever, and took it as an out. Carefully, I slid out and crawled behind him before I finally was out of sight.

                Walking quickly towards the conference room where I saw the boys in, I slid inside and looked behind me to be sure I hadn't been followed. Awesome spy? Check. I don't know why I wasn't in movies yet...

                "Hey Perrie!" Harry chirped from his spinning chair as he spun around, grinning at me.

                I smiled, "Hey."

                But then I saw Eleanor, Louis' girlfriend, and I had my next internal battle over how I should greet her. I had a string of curse words running through my mind as I grinned at her and waved, trying to seem neutral about her presence. Did Perrie hate her? Love her? How did Eleanor feel about her? Ugh!

                "Hi Perrie," Eleanor said with a smile, and I realized in her tone of voice how she thought of Perrie exactly.

                It looks like nobody really, really liked Perrie. Was she a bitch or something? Was she self centered? I wasn't quite sure, but whatever it was, I wanted them to think differently about me – her – whatever. I wanted them to like me.

                I sat down next to Zayn and my phone started to vibrate. Looking around to make sure nobody was looking at me, I slid out my new phone to see my dad had texted me: Guess who's at my office? I almost laughed, but texted back 'who?' and slid it back into my pocket. When I looked up, though, Niall Horan was looking at me suspiciously.

                I flashed him a smile, kind of nervous at how he had seen me with my other phone. This whole two phone thing wasn't working out, but I needed to somewhat keep my separate life... separate. Apparently it was kind of hard to do, especially when we were at my father's office, about to sign a contract that said that they were the boys' new managers.