Chapter 2

RAIDEN

Ashton, my beta opened the big door for me and we both went in.

Mr. Simon was sitting on the couch, sipping his tea. I slowly walked in and sat at the couch in front of him.

"Alpha, Raiden." He started after placing the cup of tea on the table between us. I nodded, indicating for him to continue. I then stretched my hand to pour some tea on my cup too.

"Rogue attacks." He said that made me stop what I was going to do.

I retracted my hands and looked at him sternly, "Rogue attacks?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

What does he mean by that? I just patrolled outside 2 hours ago. I hated rogues ever since I was a kid. They killed my father, protecting my mother and I.

The other packs we asked for help came late because there were Rogues blocking them on the way.

My father was already dead when they came. I was only 16, And I became an Alpha at the age of 16, because my mom couldn't take it and died, locked in her room and not eating for months.

And the pack needed a ruler, that's when I come in. After that day, I became lonely, too lonely even with a pack, but I was calm since I know that once I'm eighteen, I'm gonna find someone that will complete me my whole life, and someone I will vow to protect for the rest of my life. Someone I'll love, care and cherish.

When I turned eighteen, and couldn't find a mate, that's when my heart becomes harder and harder every single day.

"Yes, Alpha. A pack needs our help. They received a letter, turns out it was a rogue from a pack that they fought with and annihilated. Now the rogue has come for revenge. He was a beta's Son."

Like I said, I hate rogues, and why would he be hungry for revenge? It's their choice to have war anyway.

I stood up and closed my eyes, sighing. "When?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, we will stay at their pack house. They felt that the fight will come sooner." Elder Simon explained and I nodded my head.

"I see, okay then. Now may you excuse me, Elder Simon. I have a mate to get to." I saw the Elder became stunned, but I just ignored it and headed to the door with my beta, Ashton.

"I'll mind-link you if I need you, Ash. I want to be alone with her." I said as we arrived outside of my room. He nodded and walked away. He might be going to see Klea, his Mate.

I opened the door and saw her reading a book. I glanced at my shelf and saw that there's one book missing and it's in the second top of the shelf which means she's reading Romance.

I love to be neat, and my different genre's of books are arranged with the same genres.

She must have smelt me or felt my presence because she closed the book and looked up at me, I saw her blush and smile shyly. Cute.

I smiled and strode towards my mate to seat on the bed beside her. I sat down and she was fidgeting with her fingers.

"Why are you so nervous around me?" I asked her and I caressed her cheeks, It was so smooth.

ALYVIA

My heart pounded so fast, feeling the electricity when he caressed my cheek. I better get used to this.

"I.. uhm.. I mean, you're the Alpha of the Dark Glistening Moon Pack.." I replied slowly and looked down.

He held my chin and made me look up, I saw him smiling softly, my stare reached his eyes, and I again saw the most beautiful sparkling black ever.

I was lost in his eyes while he also stared at mine. His face was getting closer, and I don't have an intention to dodged, when our lips connected with each other.

Intense electricity shot through my body and my heart was pounding so fast. I couldn't move until he pulled away.

"You have no reason to be nervous around me, Alyvia. I am your mate, and I cherish you with my whole heart, and will take care of you and love you, I will grow old with you. You're the best gift the Moon Goddess had ever given to me, a Mate. And on top of that, a soft and beautiful mate." He smiled sweetly.

I suddenly hugged him tight, He is also the best gift that the Moon goddess had ever given to me. He is my dream. Finally, I can forget about my former mate and be happy with my current and forever one.

We broke the hug and just talked about random and casual things, knowing each other. Of course, I have to know my mate.

If only we imprinted, just like what happened to my father and mother, but it's a rare thing to happen, especially in the blood-line of a family. It happens only once in 30 years. I'm guessing my future child will imprint with someone.

Imprinting means getting visions of what your mate's Past, likes and dislikes, you will also know how he does things and see what he hates the most.

Too bad that didn't happen to us. I could've known everything about him already.

"Oh yeah, Alyvia. I forgot to tell you." He said like he remembered something important.

"What is it?" I asked, confused at what it might be.

"I'm leaving tomorrow to visit another pack, they need our help with a fight between rogues." He said then continued when I didn't say anything. "Will you be okay on your own here? I'll leave you with my beta's sister and his mate." He assured and I nodded.

"Okay, I'll be fine." I said and smiled at him.

He ruffled my hair before holding my hand. "Now, I think it's time for us to sleep. Cuddles?" He asked and grinned.

I chuckled and nodded my head. We both laid on the bed, cuddling each other. I feel so complete already. I guess this is why werewolves are very excited to find their mate.

You will already feel good around that person just by hugging him or kissing him, like you have already known that certain person in your life.