Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

A knock resonated at Midoriya's door, startling the boy as he ran to answer the door. There stood Sero, peeking at his shoes before looking towards the shorter male. "Get your glove, c'mon." He urged, placing his hands into his pockets. "What's the deal?" Midoriya asked after swinging the door wide open.

Sero's lips curled into his signature grin, "Night game!"

Midoriya's eyes glistened with excitement, he'd never been out so late before without his mom. "I-I'll be back later mom!" Grabbing his things, the two ran off in a hurry before coming to a halt in the middle of the street.

"Ah, wait! I gotta go get Y/n."

"She was next on my list," Sero smiled softly, "Can't play without her."

The boys ran over to your house, giving each other nervous glances before stepping foot on your porch. In Sero's case, he's never met your dad before and he still isn't ready to. Poor Midoriya just doesn't want to get to hit with another baseball. Sero bit the inside of his cheek before knocking loudly on the door.

Silence.

Sero knocked again, no answer. "What the-," He went to knock a third time before the door swung open.

"WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE COOKIES-, oh, it's you guys, what's up?" you smiled, putting your hands on your hips. They shook the thoughts out of their heads, relieved you answered and not your dad. "C'mon, Prin-, I mean, Y/n. We're playing a night game." Sero flushed red, suddenly very interested in his shoes. You nodded quickly, running to get your things as Midoriya raised an eyebrow at the flustered boy.

You rushed out in a hurry, not telling your dad where you were going, and leaped from the porch. "Come on, slowpokes!" you teased, running ahead of them to the sandlot. You wore high-waisted jeans that were cuffed at the bottom and a Present Mic t-shirt half-tucked in while a baseball cap was placed backwards on your head.

"Last one there can't bat first!"

¤ ¤ ¤

You huffed quietly, crossing your arms as you stood near the dugout. Seeing as you had lost the race there because of a couple of boys that stopped you to offer you a place beside them for the fireworks show. You politely declined, not really focusing on what they were asking as you were already busy trying to make it to the field first.

"Don't make such a long face, you can bat next!" Sero grinned, patting you softly on the back, letting his hand linger there for a moment. You slumped, slightly leaning into his touch as he let go and walked over to the home base. "You know what Sero told me? They do this once a year, only on the Fourth of July." Midoriya informed.

"I guess they play better under the lights of the fireworks. Kinda makes you feel like a big shot, don't ya think?" You replied, swiping a finger under your nose in amusement. The boys take their positions on the field, Sero kicks the dirt off his P.F. Flyers, twirls his bat, and gets into a position to hit.

Shinso reels his arm back and delivers a fastball. Right as Sero's bat meets the ball, a set of fireworks goes off in the distance, making the whole play look more cinematic. The batter takes off, rounding his peers at first and second base as they stop to watch the bursting fireworks illuminate the sky.

The ball lands near Midoriya and he picks it up to toss it to the nearest player as another firework explodes in the night, stealing the whole gang's attention away from the current game. Sero makes it to home base, finally catching his breath as a look of disapproval twists onto his features.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." He mumbled loudly, disappointed that their night game just became a watch party. You subconsciously wandered to his side, nudging him with your shoulder. "What did you expect? It's the Fourth of July, gloves for brains." You teased, as he let out an annoyed huff. "I just wanted to play ball. Is that too much to ask?" You shuffled a little closer to the boy, grabbing his hand.