Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Midoriya stood up, flattening his light green, plaid, button-up that was tucked into his khakis, and adjusted the large-cap on his head. Which had a cute, dark green rabbit embroidered on the front of it. He leaned out of the bush, watching the group of boys play. Arguing with his conscience once again; deciding whether or not he'd gather the courage to walk onto the field.

Still, in your crouched position, you shuffled behind Midoriya, grabbing ahold of his hips as you peered out from behind his legs.

You wore mid-thigh, blue jean shorts and your favorite shirt that said 'Cherry Bomb!'. The shirt was white with red lining the hem, collar, and hem of the arms. Black, high top, PF Flyers to put together the whole look.

"They look so cool." You murmured, squeezing the green-haired boys' hips by accident, making him yelp.

Getting a small hold on to Midoriya's shirt, you both slowly made your way near A busted-up car near the back fence. "They don't choose sides or keep points..." Midoriya said, watching them steadily. "They never really stop playing the game, it's like some sort of dream game!" You beam, holding a fist to your chest.

"Wow! We're kinda in the game!"

Midoriya cheered, copying the actions of the other boys as you stood shyly beside him. Looking out towards the game, you see Sero holding a bat, making your eyes sparkle like stars. "Zuku, look! Sero's batting!" You stated, patting his shoulder rapidly in excitement.

"Kaminari!" He yelled pointing to an eccentric, bright yellow blonde. He hit The ball towards him as he caught it, throwing it to another boy.

A low snarling sound resonated behind the two of you, making you both break your necks towards the sound. A clattering of metal and chains banged against the fence as it shook. Shivering, you both turned back to the game, choosing to ignore it.

A purple-haired boy winded his arm back, giving the ball a good pitch as Sero struck a homer. Various comments that you couldn't hear came from all the boys as it flew over their heads. They all turned to watch the ball as the spiky blonde empire threw off his mask, spotting you and Midoriya.

His eyebrows knitted with annoyance as he cupped his hands over his mouth and yelled, "LOOK OUT, DUMBASS!" Making you and Midoriya lookup.

You tackled Midoriya to the ground, narrowly avoiding the ball as it struck the ground with such force. Loud cackles came from some of the boys on the team, most of them doubled over with laughter as Sero slightly frowned, shaking his head.

Midoriya opened his eyes to see you on top of him, making his face flush red. He rose to his feet, helping you up as well. "A-ah, I'll get it!" He announced, walking towards its location on the ground. You dusted yourself off, ridding yourself of dirt as you watched him go for the ball.

"Don't be a goofus. Don't be a goofus..." He quietly repeated.

"Be careful, Midoriya. Remember what we heard earlier?" You warned, holding your arms out towards the boy.

"Throw the ball back!"

"Yeah! Hurry up!"

He quickly grabbed it, running back into your open arms from hearing another deep growl from behind the old fence. He looked at you and then looked back to the fence as the one Sero called 'Kaminari' shouted, "We are waaaaiting!" Making some of the other boys agree as they rushed the freckled boy to throw the ball in.

Taking a shaky breath, he separated from you as he got into a position to throw the ball. Pulling his arm back in a stiff motion, he threw the ball forward.

Which landed about 2 feet where you both stood.

The boys erupted with laughter, folding like lawnchairs from laughing at him. You glared at the boys as a sniffle came from Midoriya. "My life is over." He mumbled, looking at the ground in shame and embarrassment; his eyes brimming with tears. "Izuku..." You said as he darted for the hole in the fence.

You blew hot air out of your nose as you angrily snatch the ball from the ground. "Is that a girl?" A silver-haired boy asked as all eyes landed to you.

"A girl!?" Kaminari bellowed in shock.

"Girls can't play baseball!" A light brown-haired boy shouted.

"Look at her noodle arms, there's no way she'd throw any farther than that geek!" The spiky blonde empire boasted, crossing his arms as some of the other boys continue to howl with laughter.

You flinched, tightening your grip on the ball. "Shut up..." You whispered as you flung your arm back. "SHUT UP!" You yelled, throwing the ball right back to the empire.

"You guys are low! Lower than dirt!" You hollered, fists held tightly at your sides as hot tears rolled down your face. "You call yourselves baseball players when you can't even respect someone who wanted to try to play with you!" You quickly wiped your face, as the boys stared silently. "We respected you guys so much! But now we see you for what you truly are." You hissed, glaring at the boys.

"A bunch of lowlife, douchebags who needs to get their heads out of their big, dumb, asses!" You screamed, shutting your eyes as you darted out of the lot to find Midoriya.

"Whatever. She's just a stupid girl anyways..." The spiky blond grumbled, as you left the boys feeling shocked and a little guilty. "Alright, that's enough guys. We still have a game to play." Sero called, clapping his hands.

¤ ¤ ¤

Sitting next to Midoriya on his bed, he set a metal ball in its holding place as a magnet crane picked it up.

His mom and your dad agreed to a sleepover at the Midoriya residence, so here you were in pajamas, watching the ball go through the metal contraption he had made. A knock sounded at the door as it swung open.

"Goodnight, kids." Ms. Inko said as the metal ball was launched and it smacked her in the head, making you and Midoriya gasp. "Sorry! It was an accident!" You both apologized, bowing quickly. She sighed and pulled up a chair, patting the end of the bed.

"Come on." She said as you Midoriya sat on the edge of his bed and you laid behind him. "Izuku, Y/n. Did you make any friends?" She asked you both, making you point at each other as she deadpanned.

"That's not what I mean.." She folded her hands together, squeezing them lightly. "I don't want you fiddling around with this stuff like last summer and the one before that," She said towards Midoriya. "And your father told me to tell you, he doesn't want you in front of a tv all summer either." She pointed out as you blushed furiously.

"Ah, he's such a sellout!" You blushed, ruffling your hair. "I want you both to get out in fresh air and make some friends." She smiled. "Run around, scrape your knees, get dirty," She started, listing off her fingers. "Hop fences, climb a tree, get into trouble for crying out loud!" Ms. Inko laughed, grabbing both you and Midoriya's hands.

"Well, not too much, but some. You have my permission."

"Really!?" You asked, eyes shining like stars. "Yes! How many mother's do you know that would give children permission like that?" She smirked as you high fived her. She chatted with the two a little longer before sending them off to bed.

You and Midoriya laid down under the blankets, huddling each other for warmth. "Tomorrow will be a better day. It has to be." You yawned, eyes shutting slowly. Midoriya smiled, scooting closer to you as he fell asleep.

¤ ¤ ¤

this came out pretty decent !! kinda long, but decent ! hope you like it !

gotta blast <33