Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

"Only fools rush in,"

They all gazed out the window, looking at the girl of the Sandlot as glowsticks adorned her head and neck.

"Oh but I can't help, falling in love with you~"

Ah yes, Elvis Presley's famous heart snatcher. For sure to get you any girl you might fancy.

"O-oh, Hey guys! Sorry, I'm so late!" You blushed, making your way to the treehouse. "I had to go get some glowsticks cause, you know? Glowsticks!" You cheered, scaling the ladder.

"Ohhh!" Sounded Tsuburaba as eyes landed on him. "That's what you need em' for!" He said, knocking his head lightly with his fist. "Right you are, Ko!" You smiled as Sero helped you in. You thanked him, setting your stuff down next to Midoriya's.

"So what's up?" You asked as you were shushed by Kaminari. "Quiet down! Do you wanna wake it up?!" He shouted, making you frown. "But you're being the loudest Kaminari." You said as the boys agreed. "Oh, shut up so I can tell the story!" He blushed angrily, waving his fist at everyone.

You sat down next to Midoriya as Sero pushed himself off the wall, squatting next to you before gently sitting down. Bakugo blew out the candles, waving the smoke out of his face before plopping down flat on his back, his soft, spiky hair tickling your legs as his head laid upon your lap. "Be my pillow, Shittyama. It's all your good for anyways." He smirked. Sero silently fumed, reeling his hand back to slap Bakugo on the head, making you grabbed his arm.

"It's okay, Sero. He's picking at me like usual." You sweatdropped, placing a hand onto Bakugo's head, making both boys tense up. "Besides, if he gets too mean, I can just pull his hair. Isn't that right, Bakugo?" You cooed, gently tugging at his ash-blonde locks. "What the hell, Shittyama—" He started, going to grab your wrists before you tugged a little harder. "Right, Bakugo?" You grinned evilly. His arms slumped over his chest in defeat, pouting a bit as he tossed his head to the side, mumbling,

"Yeah, whatever..."

"Good boy!" You cheered, playing with his hair. Kaminari howled for everyone's attention again. He started to talk about a man named Mr. Aizawa and how his guard dog had eaten two thieves that kept trying to steal junk out of his yard. He continued with the story, saying how the Beast would kill again because he liked it. Which made your stomach do backflips as you leaned back on your hands.

Sero noticed your uneasy expression and laced his fingers between yours on the floor, looking away as if nothing happened. You blinked at the tall boy, your eyes softening at his attempt to comfort you. You grabbed his hand, giving him a smile in thanks as he grinned back sheepishly. "My grandpa was a police officer at the time and had to tell Mr. Aizawa to lock up the Beast," Kaminari stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"And when he asked how long... He told him for-ev-er!" Kaminari taunted, repeating the word over and over. "The Beast sits under that house, waiting to break the chain so he can be released and kill again," Kaminari spoke darkly, shutting his flashlight off. "See, Midoriya? That's why you and Y/n can't go over there. Nobody ever has and nobody ever will." Todoroki said, turning to the freckled boy.

"One kid did, and nobody ever seen him again." Bakugo added, yawning. "That isn't true." Shinso retorted. "Yeah, it is," Bakugo fired back, holding a s'more to your lips as you took a bite. "He got eaten." Midoriya whipped his head around, hugging his sleeping bag. "Nuh-uh," He said. "No. N-none of that is true." He stuttered. "Yeah, you guys are just making this up to scare us!" You agreed, swallowing the rest of your s'more.

"Oh, yeah? Then stick your head out that window and look down." Kaminari dared, pointing towards the window. You and Midoriya shared another look before shrugging and making your way towards the window. You looked back as all the boys backed away. You both peered out the window, squinting into the darkness. "I don't see anything..." Midoriya mumbled, leaning a little further. "What is that..?"

You pointed towards a fast-moving object as it leaped towards the two of you once it got close enough. You both sounded off synchronized screams as you backed away from the window. "He's o-out there!" Midoriya whisper shouted, panicked eyes scanning the room. The boys started to talk as you crept back towards the window, peeking through it once again.

You let out another shrill scream when a hand clasped your shoulder. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you..." The redhead apologized, scratching his neck. You placed a shaky hand over your chest, "No, it's okay! I think I've had enough spooky stories for tonight." You laughed, waving off Kirishima's apology.

Sero clapped, stopping the commotion among his teammates. "Lights out!" He announced as you all scattered for your designated places on the floor. "Nighty night..!" You whisper shouted, curling up into your sleeping bag.

Various good nights sounded from the boys as the treehouse fell silent for the first time that night.

¤ ¤ ¤

The nighttime air had nothing on your oversized Nighteye sweatshirt. It warmed your body like a hug. Which sounds kind of lonely, but that's okay.

A crescent moon adorned the sky with clouds floating peacefully above and the star glowed and shined as if they were conversing with each other about something exciting. Fireflies flickered on and off through the night, making you wish you would've taken a jar with you.

You sighed, leaning against the railing of the treehouse. Thoughts of the Beast plagued your mind causing you to toss and turn in your sleep. "Stupid Kaminari and his stupid story about the Beast..." You mumbled lowly, tucking your nose under your folded arms, eyes flickering back towards the sky. "Hey... Are you okay?" A hushed voice whispered, exiting the treehouse. "Oh, hey Sero. I didn't wake you, did I?" You asked, chuckling nervously, a blush spreading fast on your cheeks.

"No, no..! I just woke up and you weren't beside me..." He replied, leaning on the rail next to you. "Oh, so you just missed me, huh?" You teased, making him blush. "Maybe I did. So what?" He boasted, nudging your shoulder. You giggled, scooting closer to him. "Can't sleep?" He asked.

"Haha... Yeah. Kaminari's Beast story just shook me up. I'll be fine in a little while." You assured as you scratched the back of your head. "You know, I'm here for you if you're scared. I'll... I'll protect you." He spoke , his tone laced with confidence.

Your eyes widen, blinking in surprise at his statement. Sero linked his pinky with yours, quickly looking away in embarrassment. Your eyes softened, smiling at the flushed boy. You squeezed his pinky, gently laying your head on his shoulder.

"Thank you, Sero. It means way more than you know..."