57

Alexander rushed to the door without thinking, but Tadashi continued to stand in his way.

"Move Tadashi," he said. Confused at how he was behaving.

"I know the timing is bad," said Tadashi. "But I'd advise you to wear a shirt first."

Alexander looked down at himself. "Fuck."

"The jet is forty five minutes away, enough time to prep it for flight as we get there. The helicopter will be ready to go in five," Tadashi said then excused himself as Alexander went to find clothes.

"I'm coming," said Zel with a determined look in his eyes. He knew how hard he was trying to keep his composure.

"No," said Alexander immediately.

"I can't just stay here," he pleaded.

None of them wanted to stay, he was sure of that. But he wasn't taking anyone.

Alexander went on to pull on a shirt and change the beach pants he was in as quick as he could. He was losing his mind when his eyes fell to Mason's teary ones.

Mason walked over to him.

Alexander tensed. "I don't know what to expect Mason, it could be dangerous...please don't make this harder than it is. I won't take any of you."

"I know," Mason said while he buttoned up his open shirt. Alexander looked at his shaky hands, then at his face. He knew what he was doing; being so fucking strong for him and everyone else.

"I trust you," he said. It meant everything to Alexander to hear those words. "I know you'll bring him back to us."

Mason held one side of his cheek. Alexander leaned into the touch and closed his eyes. Then Mason kissed him.

Jesus. Fuck.

When they broke apart, he turned to the rest, but before he could say anything, he felt several hands tighten around him.

Everyone's heart was breaking, he didn't need words to know that.

"Alexander and Pierre, they need someone to come back to," Mason said to Zel. "We just have to be here for them, sunshine."

Zel sunk into the embrace and closed his eyes, he finally nodded.

Riley linked his fingers with Zel and pulled him flush against him. "It's going to be okay," he reassured him.

Alexander was going to make sure it was okay. No matter what.

༻༺

"You're not coming either," he told Tadashi when they were about to board the Jet.

"Are you kidding?" His assistant asked.

Alexander expected him to protest. Naturally. "Hardly. You're staying here," he said firmly.

Tadashi sighed.  "What's gotten into you?"

A few weeks ago, he wouldn't have been able to answer the question. Now was different. "I want you safe, that's all."

"And what about you?" Asked Tadashi.

"I've already put together a plan if things go south. I'm just hoping I don't get to use it, so I'll be fine," replied Alexander.

"When did you–" Tadashi looked around at a loss for words. "You know that I can take care of myself."

"I know," said Alexander. He didn't budge.

Tadashi finally turned and looked at nothing in particular. "Are you sure?"

"You know I am," said Alexander before walking away. "See you soon," he said.

He got into the Jet with Tadashi watching after him.

༻༺

It was a long flight, but it had been enough time to think too. Torturous because there'd been nothing to do, but a good thing too.

Contacting Fontaine had provided him with an address for a meeting point.

Whether it was legit or not didn't matter to Alexander. He needed to get there first.

He couldn't get answers over the phone. Like where Pierre was or why he was suddenly taken. So this was the only option at the moment.

Until he got his hands on them.

He arrived at a somewhat secluded house. It looked well furnished, but like no one actually lived there. It clearly wasn't used much.

Who he found there wasn't Nicolas Fontaine. And there was absolutely no sign of Pierre.

Alexander took a few steps forward into the house.

"Nicolas said to expect you," said Julien Beaumont. An accomplice from what it looked like.