─01.

──

────────────❝ Defense?❞────────────

────────────
❝ Defense?❞
────────────

Outside the window, staring at the dreary sky, Hyunjin's attention was drawn away from the rowdy class. He didn't bother to engage in any conversations or even pay attention to the disturbingly loud chatters of the students, who unlike him had a lot of friends.

Hyunjin sat on his usual front seat, A book open on the table from which he kept getting distracted. Suddenly feeling a hand on his shoulder, he turned around, seeing his friend looking at him with a smile.

"Dude, why so gloomy? Cheer up! We're getting maths test results today."

"I know."

Chan stopped and sighed. There wasn't any way to change his chilly mood, even being his closest friend. He took a look around, observing the few students.

The class was now half filled, some talking to each other, some running around, and a few others' concentrating on their studies. Hyunjin was one of them, engrossed to the book in front of him. There was no reason to waste these 10 minutes before the teacher arrives. Right?

The door suddenly opened loudly, catching Chan off guard, yet not enough to surprise Hyunjin, his eyes still on the book. A boy clumsily ran in, panting. "A-am I late...?" Hyunjin only spared him a cold single second glance, gone unnoticed by the younger.

The students softly giggled. "Aww, what a little cutie he is. You're not late Seungmin." One of the girls said, smiling. The mentioned boy blushed, rubbing the back of his neck as he approached his seat at the back.

Students suddenly rushed in as soon as Seungmin entered, surrounding his seat with sweet talks and smiles.

Oh, Kim Seungmin. He was one of those elegant and charming boys blessed with good looks who unfortunately got himself born in an unwealthy family, but that didn't make it difficult for him to gain admirers. He dressed simply, but neatly. Most of the days, every bit of his uniform would be so tidily ironed that you would never be able to guess if he's been wearing that for the past 3 days.

The meek and charming school sweetheart was always so courteous to everyone. His attractive appearance drew not just girls but also boys. He was (almost) universally adored. Not only that, but he was also an excellent student.

The previously quiet and peaceful/ classroom became a cacophony of noise and chaos the instant Seungmin entered. It got on the president's nerves and caused him to lose his calm while reading.

"Stop making noise in the classroom. Go somewhere else with your unwanted chatters." He got up and said, interrupting the students.

The talks stopped for a second, before it started again but this time it was whispers to one another, and he knew exactly who it was about.