─19.

Chan approached the nearly unoccupied classroom door, peering through the glass to see a boy resting his head on the top of his notebook which was placed on his desk, barely awake. He opened the door slowly, careful not to make any loud noise that would wake the boy up.

The older noticed the maths notebook open in front of him, equations that they haven't even learned yet written, a few left unsolved. The last time he caught Hyunjin napping, he captured a photo of him and used it to blackmail him for days, receiving a grumpy Hyunjin in return. It was usually great to see the hardworking teenager get some rest, but this time it seemed different since I knew there was probably a reason behind his lack of sleep.

Chan put his hand forward to pat the boy's head, but slowly retracted it away before doing so. He sighed, not noticing the other slowly opening his eyes and groaning. "Chan? What you doing here? Is recess over already?"

On other occasions, he would fool Hyunjin saying he missed a whole class sleeping or something, but he looked away, not answering his question.

"I'm your hyung."

Hyunjin stared at him in confusion, as if he thinks Chan had gone mad. "Okay, I thought we already had this conversation before. I know I never call you hyung and all that even though you're a year older, I'm sorry-"

"I'm your hyung. I'm older than you. Why do you lie to me?"

.

"What?"

"You told me you injured your hand from an accident with the car door. But you told Seungmin it was from falling from the stairs."

Hyunjin froze on his spot, yet flinching.

"What? Did you lie to me? Or him?" Chan gathered up the courage to meet his eyes while Hyunjin lost his, looking away to avoid the elder's gaze. 

"Or did you lie to the both of us?"

With each syllable, Chan's voice became more abrasive, while Hyunjin's countenance transformed to something that convinced Chan that he was correct, he did lie to the both of them. Chan had never appeared so solemn and enraged to Hyunjin before.

"Heh." Hyunjin put his head down, smirking. "If you were so eager to know, you wouldn't set me up." Chan raised an eyebrow out of confusion at that.

"What."

"What? You didn't think telling your father who is obviously close to the principal about my bruises would not get me beat up?"

Chan felt the blood in his veins run cold, as if his world just came crashing down.

"Your... dad did that?..."

"You don't believe me." Hyunjin accused with a smile. "Of course you wouldn't, yet you were the one who told your dad that you thought I was 'being abused' for some reason." Hyunjin stood up and started to walk away.

"I didn't think it was actually your father, and I didn't think my dad would tell him that! I'm sorry, I only wanted to help you." He chased after him.

There were security cameras all around the school, which could be used by the principal to accidentally eavesdrop their conversation but they were both pretty sure that the principal had better things to do than being a little creep.

"I know that." Hyunjin stopped, facing his back to Chan. "Just give me some time."

The lack of students present in the hallways didn't help the silence between them. Hyunjin only ever let his mask break in front of Chan, but now it just felt like there was always another mask behind that one. But Chan let him go, stepping back.